Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Re: Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Post by AndyGTi »

SRGTD wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:26 pm
AndyGTi wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:09 pm
johnpolo2 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 4:23 pm @SRGTD. Yep.
I had a 2015 model. In some respects I miss the simplicity of the car.
I sold it to an Evesham dealership and now see it being driven around Stratford-upon-Avon. Looks like a retired gentleman has bought it.
Oh and just had an update, car has confirmed build of week 24.
Ordered in January with unconfirmed of April, then May then August but now thankfully sooner in June.
Your news made me check in with my dealer and apparently mine has confirmed build week of 24 as well.
Annoyingly they didn’t send a screenshot but you would hope that use of the word “confirmed” means it’s moved on from status 10 to 20. So that would push arrival in UK into August and then you have the old Reg or new reg quandary.
That quandary is something only you can decide 🙂, assuming your dealer would be prepared to delay registering the car until September if it arrived in early August (I think most dealers would be happy to). I had no choice as my car arrived in September back in 2020, so it was a ‘70 plate. Buying a private plate would have been the other option, but I’m not into the whole personalised registration plate thing, so wouldn’t ever have one.

Historically, when we used to have the once a year registration plate change in August, I’ve taken delivery of new cars on 1st of August as there was something a bit special about having one of the first cars with the new registration plate. However, with the current registration plate format and the twice yearly changes, IMHO I don’t think that ‘special feeling’ applies anymore. Also, views change and nowadays if given the choice, I’d prefer my car to be ‘anonymous’ and not be noticed as one of the first with the new registration.

If you’re considering what impact the difference of a ‘22 plate or a ‘72 plate might have on the car’s value; if you’re buying it outright, delaying getting it registered until September might be something to consider as a car on a ‘72 plate might be worth a few hundred £’s more than an equivalent car a month older on a ‘22 plate. However, whether on a ‘22 or a ‘72 plate, it’ll still be a 2022 registered car. If you’re leasing or PCP’ing and intending on handing the car back at the end of the PCP term, then the impact of old / new registration plate on value isn’t really an issue.

These days, I think that if it arrived in early August, I’d not delay taking delivery until September. However as said above, only you can decide.
Thanks for your write up. Quite extensive and sorry it was just a line to finish off my post really. I agree with everything you've said and I suspect that when it comes to the crunch there probably won't be too much of an issue as if its early August , I would just take delivery and if its late on then it will probably be offered as well.

Ah yes the old days of 1 August always used to be fun and holiday trips out with the game of spotting a new car. A few times I have been so wrapped up in other things that I haven't even thought about new cars (must be showing my age or is it just being wrapped up in work). Yes if its "old reg" of 22, then no one likely to really notice, if you have a new car.

Good point on residuals, although remember reading about how market viewed the two plate changes and dealer seemed to back this up. The Sept change is a bit of a non-event and also people (ok not us on Forum) but the Sept plates don't stick in people's minds so easily. So they can see a 22 is a 2022 Registration but whats a 67 or a 72 etc etc.

I keep wanting to like personalised Reg plates but then I think that would be £400-500 (assuming a basic DVLA Personalised reg) I could spend on something much more useful. Both 22 and 72 mean something to me, so I can just see how factory, loading, ship transit and port to dealer delivery goes and then take it from there. As you say dealer may be accommodating or they might want it out the garage asap. I'll let you know what happens
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

I was talking to friends about this today. 22 or 72.
For the last few cars I've always paid cash and px combo.
But because I keep changing my cars I've gone down the PCP route for the first time ever. Throwing loads of cash every 3 years or so at a depreciating asset seems crazy when I can effectively rent the car for less.
In a way I always liked buying the car outright as it was then completely mine. Doing PCP I feel VW have some sort of oversight re the car.
Will see how it goes...
Philip GTI
New
Drives: Gti

Post by Philip GTI »

Hi
Does any one know if cars ordered with Beats audio when it was available will still be honoured know that is not available to order?
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member
Drives: 19plate AW GTI+ / (9n3 GTI gone)

Post by ad_182_uk »

Philip GTI wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:47 pm Hi
Does any one know if cars ordered with Beats audio when it was available will still be honoured know that is not available to order?
I would hazard a guess that yes you will get it based on some of the ones turning up at dealerships have it fitted.

If it does arrive with beats system i suggest the following settings;

Bass -9

Mid +2

Treble +4

This seems to peak nicely at around 60-70% volume. Tested using various rock music tracks while using wired carplay. YMMV.

You might feel with these settings the bass is ‘missing’ when at low volumes but when you crank it up, if it’s much more than -7 on bass it will just overpower everything.
Philip GTI
New

Post by Philip GTI »

Many thanks 👍
Philip GTI
New

Post by Philip GTI »

If Beats is unavailable does anyone have suggestion for aftermarket upgrade?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Philip GTI wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:51 am If Beats is unavailable does anyone have suggestion for aftermarket upgrade?
I’d suggest listening to the standard system first - you may find it OK.

Bear in mind that as the Polo has hard plastic door cards, anything played at high volume and / or with a heavy bass may generate unwanted rattles and vibrations from the speakers to the door cards.
Philip GTI
New

Post by Philip GTI »

Looks like Faro 18” have been removed from new car configurator. At this rate there won’t be any extras available at all !😂
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

It'll be the steering wheel next.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

johnpolo2 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:00 am It'll be the steering wheel next.
If so, then perhaps a revised style of steering wheel would be in order - one that doesn’t make the combination of the steering wheel + digital dashboard look like a clown’s face 🤣 (apologies to anyone who can’t ‘unsee’ the clown’s face when they get behind the wheel of their car now);
F6BCD5A0-2C54-466D-83D8-9076A44F4713.jpeg
F6BCD5A0-2C54-466D-83D8-9076A44F4713.jpeg (69.02 KiB) Viewed 719 times

And here’s a clown’s face for comparison purposes;
6938508D-ACBD-4313-A153-48A5D1B854A9.jpeg
6938508D-ACBD-4313-A153-48A5D1B854A9.jpeg (29.33 KiB) Viewed 719 times
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

You've done it now. That's all I'll see! 😆
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

Nearly one year on I miss my gti plus. Yes my Tiguan is more comfortable and going to ikea, b&q, the tip etc is a breeze as it’s huge, but I miss the speed and fun I could have in the gti. Now the dog is fully grown (and fits my wife’s polo…) I may consider changing back in the next twelve months, particularly as some of my annoyances with my plus (don’t like keyless, didn’t like satnav was standard with the dials, etc.) have been fixed.
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Post by MikeDO »

Philip GTI wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:46 am Looks like Faro 18” have been removed from new car configurator. At this rate there won’t be any extras available at all !😂
I wonder if this will effect existing orders that have specified these?
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

MikeDO wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:29 pm
Philip GTI wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:46 am Looks like Faro 18” have been removed from new car configurator. At this rate there won’t be any extras available at all !😂
I wonder if this will effect existing orders that have specified these?
I doubt orders that have specified 18” Faro alloys will be fitted with the 17” Parker alloys as a substitute. It might mean longer lead times though - assuming the reason the Faro alloys option has been removed from the configurator is down to supply chain issues.

Alternatively, it could be that there’s an error with the configurator - it won’t be the first time…..🤔
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

It’s definitely broken as it says price unavailable when you try to configure engines for all polos and it gave me flash red as an option for a gti. If you click it the car turns white. Looks like they’re fiddling.