Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Philip GTI
New
Drives: Gti

Re: Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Post by Philip GTI »

Hope Mine still has an engine when it eventually arrives👍😀
KayakerPaul
Getting There!
Drives: R line - if it arrives

Post by KayakerPaul »

Philip GTI wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:18 pm Hope Mine still has an engine when it eventually arrives👍😀
Although a while ago now, the reason we didn`t look at Audi ,was that you couldn`t spec much on the A1 online.
And I wanted a sunroof etc so it was a similar spec to my older sons. And the Polo gave us more choice. ( Although not a GTI model )
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

They definitely seem to be messing about with the configurator. As mentioned above the price has disappeared and the colour choice seems to be full polo range (but any non GTI colours it doesn't give a price and also the wheel menu choice has disappeared too.

Anyway, I did obtain some information on VW MY23 changes... so I thought I would share below. Doesn't seem very exciting so sorry to build it up
Attachments
Polo MY23.JPG
Polo MY23.JPG (46.35 KiB) Viewed 1296 times
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member
Drives: 19plate AW GTI+ / (9n3 GTI gone)

Post by ad_182_uk »

ad_182_uk wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:24 pm
Philip GTI wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:47 pm Hi
Does any one know if cars ordered with Beats audio when it was available will still be honoured know that is not available to order?
I would hazard a guess that yes you will get it based on some of the ones turning up at dealerships have it fitted.

If it does arrive with beats system i suggest the following settings;

Bass -9

Mid +2

Treble +4

This seems to peak nicely at around 60-70% volume. Tested using various rock music tracks while using wired carplay. YMMV.

You might feel with these settings the bass is ‘missing’ when at low volumes but when you crank it up, if it’s much more than -7 on bass it will just overpower everything.

Just noticed that the facelifted polo if fitted with the beats audio has 4 potential settings treble / mid / bass / subwoofer.

So it appears the sub itself can be individually altered on the new version.
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Post by MikeDO »

I see that the 18in wheels have made a come back. So just a glitch in the configurator by the look of it.
Philip GTI
New

Post by Philip GTI »

Anyone actually got there car yet?! Or driven a demonstrator?
If so how was it..? The waiting is driving me mad 🤔
Philip GTI
New

Post by Philip GTI »

Any pictures ? 😀
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Philip GTI wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:18 am Any pictures ? 😀
There are some pictures in this discussion thread - page 13; a Pure White one, page 10; a Deep Black Pearl one and page 8; a King’s Red one.

If you want a picture overload, there are also currently 37 brand new GTI’s for sale on Auto Trader - most with plenty of pictures. Use the advanced search facility with the following criteria and you’ll find them; Make = Volkswagen, Model = Polo, Model Variant = GTI, Year = Brand New.
MikeDO
Bronze Member

Post by MikeDO »

Managed to get through to my dealer today and had a nice long chat with the sales guy. My order is now confirmed (status 20) with a build week of 22 (should be the first week in June). So hopefully only a couple of weeks and it should at least get built. Though life being life, always a chance it could get stuck in build (part missing etc.). Fingers crossed. TBC

PS. He sent me a screen print of the order status, which backs the above up.
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

MikeDO wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:42 pm Managed to get through to my dealer today and had a nice long chat with the sales guy. My order is now confirmed (status 20) with a build week of 22 (should be the first week in June). So hopefully only a couple of weeks and it should at least get built. Though life being life, always a chance it could get stuck in build (part missing etc.). Fingers crossed. TBC

PS. He sent me a screen print of the order status, which backs the above up.
Good news glad you have had it confirmed, I think from what I’ve been told, mine is 2 weeks behind at wk24.

We should know if they are built by mid/late June and then it’ll be into transit. So the wheels are definitely turning now.
KayakerPaul
Getting There!
Drives: R line - if it arrives

Post by KayakerPaul »

To be fair I haven`t a clue with the build dates. As I read it depends if they take last week of December or first week of January. I think yours will be like ours for the beginning on June.
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

I appreciate that we are all Polo GTI converts on this thread, but just thought I would mention.

This weeks Autocar has a small “review/first drive” on the Polo. Pretty complimentary, usual points mentioned which we have all heard before and mention of annoying touch controls. But overall 4 out of 5 stars.

Then next weeks Autoexpress are doing Hot Hatch test (Polo GTI v I20N v Fiesta ST), I think we could all write the review and conclusion now, ha ha.

I am happy with my choice as I think the Polo is best all round package. It can be fast when you need it to be as nd calm and civilised when you what a quieter life.

But just always interested what the reviews say.
MikeDO
Bronze Member

Post by MikeDO »

AndyGTi wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:44 pm ...
I am happy with my choice as I think the Polo is best all round package. It can be fast when you need it to be as and calm and civilised when you want a quieter life.

Totally agree with this comment. Hence why I have a Polo GTI on order myself.

I've owned some pretty hard core cars over the years, far to many to remember (though that may be an age thing now :lol: ). And while I've enjoyed most of my cars, some have required a certain amount of shall we say "commitment" to live with day-to-day. My current motor (I30N) on the right road is an absolute weapon. But at other times the VERY firm suspension (even in normal mode) and heavy steering, can start to start to grate and the turning circle of an oil tanker can be an absolute pain when parking.

As to what any group test will say. Again I agree, I think we can all guess what will be said and the placing/s. But in some ways, comparing the Fiesta ST, I20N and the Polo GTI, is not really comparing like for like. The first two are way more hard core and God forbid... the Polo GTI does not have a manual gearbox :) Still be an interesting read.

PS. Pistonheads has an O/L review up as well and give it 4 *'s. Topgear only gives it 5/10 but then again, if it's not got a manual gearbox, then it doesn't stand a chance :(
Philip GTI
New

Post by Philip GTI »

Anyone getting their new car very soon?
MikeDO
Bronze Member

Post by MikeDO »

Philip GTI wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:16 pm Anyone getting their new car very soon?
Mine was supposedly built last week (confirmed build week 22). But now my sales guy is on holiday for two weeks. So no further updates for me till the 20th June.