Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Re: Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Post by lancslad1985 »

From my experience of ordering VWs, you can guarantee the car will be sat in the UK port at least a week. I’ve never (touchwood) had a car sit at emden for very long.
somersetboy
New
Drives: GTI

Post by somersetboy »

lancslad1985 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:54 pm From my experience of ordering VWs, you can guarantee the car will be sat in the UK port at least a week. I’ve never (touchwood) had a car sit at emden for very long.
My car is probably sat in storage in the UK awaiting transport to the dealership then. Although would have expected my VW dealer to update me on this. I will just have to wait to hear I suppose.
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

Nah, I’ve always had to chase my dealer for an update, who always has one. Why they can’t be proactive I don’t know as they’re good at everything else!
somersetboy
New

Post by somersetboy »

Been a week since Glovis Stella arrived at Emden. Not had any news since its arrival to Emden.
Emailed my VW dealer yesterday to see if he had any news/updates on my cars journey to UK… nothing back yet.

You guys heard anymore about your GTIs journey from your VW dealers?
LEEA123
Getting There!
Drives: none

Post by LEEA123 »

somersetboy wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:20 pm Been a week since Glovis Stella arrived at Emden. Not had any news since its arrival to Emden.
Emailed my VW dealer yesterday to see if he had any news/updates on my cars journey to UK… nothing back yet.

You guys heard anymore about your GTIs journey from your VW dealers?
Had phone call today from dealer , telling me that the car is in the uk now , and will be calling me Tuesday with a reg plate and hopefully a handover date , so maybe looking at end of next week for handover . I must say the dealer has kept me up to date on everything.
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

Dealer called me, mines in Grimsby port still. They’re waiting for the transport documents so likely to be w/c 21/11 now.

Really can’t wait as now my blue lemon has a third issue, the aircon stinks when you first start the car but is perfectly fine once the engine has warmed up. It’s only another week to tolerate it, god help the VW tech that gets my car to fix!
LEEA123
Getting There!

Post by LEEA123 »

Had a call today and was able to pick my registration plate number. The car is still in sheerness waiting for transport, was told would be next week hopefully for handover, and would get a call on Thursday for a further update
Harrihealey02
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 SEL

Post by Harrihealey02 »

From when your confirmed build week occurred, how long was it until it arrived in the U.K.?
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

I’ve always tagged orders on their way Harri, so only ever waited a couple of months. I tend to take stock cars with specific colours as I can’t be bothered with the wait.

Just had good news, my car will be ready this time next week at the latest. Fingers crossed this one works!
somersetboy
New

Post by somersetboy »

Still heard nothing back from my VW dealer since emailing them last Wednesday. Might give them a ring Friday if not heard anything by then. Assume its just sat at UK port awaiting transportation/documents but would have been nice for an update (haven’t heard anything since landing in Emden).

Ordered mine 1st Jul 2022 and collection should be before 30th Nov 2022 (was originally given a 31st Dec 2022 estimated handover date) - no idea when build week was!
somersetboy
New

Post by somersetboy »

Have been emailed this morning saying that my car is at ‘vehicle shipped’ meaning that its on the high sea between Emden and UK.

So seems to be a bit of a delay compared to you guys…

He said he is getting latest expectations from VW tomorrow whatever that means

Although he expects collection will still be Nov
LEEA123
Getting There!

Post by LEEA123 »

had a call today saying car will be with dealer Monday or Tuesday and looking at next Thursday for collection . Cant fault the dealer for communication and updates
Harrihealey02
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 SEL

Post by Harrihealey02 »

Sounds like your dealer has good communication customer service! I haven’t had any updates unless I ask. I ordered mine 26th August. When do you think it’ll most likely arrive as it looks like you ordered yours from beginning of July.
somersetboy
New

Post by somersetboy »

Harrihealey02 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:11 am Sounds like your dealer has good communication customer service! I haven’t had any updates unless I ask. I ordered mine 26th August. When do you think it’ll most likely arrive as it looks like you ordered yours from beginning of July.
Based on my timelines when ordering- I would expect you to collect car mid/late January.
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

Had the call from the dealer, my car arrives tomorrow and they will immediately PDI it, hoover the inside and check the car connects to their servers. If so, I pick it up Tuesday evening and give it the full works Thursday.