Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Re: Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Post by MikeDO »

@Bearmode

Looking good mate 8)

Hopefully should hear about mine next week (also white with the 18's). It arrived in the UK a week ago, so should be at the dealers soon I hope.
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

Hi All

Here are a few pictures from Friday

Not sure which order the photos will appear so:

Engine cover in place
I got the GTI siicone cover for the key from VW, but if you go onto Amazon you can get two similar covers for price of 1 x VW cover but without the GTI Logo
Standard Key with black top bottom and middle
Shot of my car in Reef Blue Metallic
Shot of my car next to white GTI with pan roof and Faro alloys and if you look behind the white GTI there is another white GTI. Certainly seems popular.

Anyway, not all good news, when I was hoovering out to put mats in I found some trim in centre console passenger side not fitted correctly (doesn't want to be pushed back in so looks like trip to dealer already :x ) (I also can't believe I didn't look thoroughly throughout car. Words of Wisdom from @SRGTD Look at your car fully inside and out before signing it off. 8)
Been looking at the Workshop Manual on the sticky thread and that really is a great document to see how the bits go together.

Hope everyone is enjoying their cars, I get a few more trip out in mine...and as a special Saturday trip I'm off to the rubbish tip/recycling centre with a full load :lol:
Attachments
Engine Cover.JPG
Engine Cover.JPG (3.89 MiB) Viewed 1103 times
GTI Key.JPG
GTI Key.JPG (3.31 MiB) Viewed 1103 times
Standard Key.JPG
Standard Key.JPG (2.91 MiB) Viewed 1103 times
InkedPolo at supermarket.jpg
InkedPolo at supermarket.jpg (1.78 MiB) Viewed 1103 times
InkedGTI Collection.jpg
InkedGTI Collection.jpg (4.83 MiB) Viewed 1103 times
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

AndyGTi wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:17 pm Hi All

Here are a few pictures from Friday
Looks good Andy. It’ll look even better when the sun shines as the metallic flake in Reef Blue really pops and sparkles 😎.

In spite of my words of wisdom, I’ve missed issues on new cars on collection day - it’s easy to do. With every new VW I’ve had, there’s been an issue or issues of some kind - e.g. misaligned panels / uneven panel gaps, scratches, a small dent. My previous Polo GTI was almost perfect - just one small paint imperfection on the nearside sill; I didn’t want part of my new car repainting with the risk of paint colour mismatch so I just lived with the paint imperfection and after a few weeks I was able to ‘unsee’ it.

I bought the cheap silicone key covers off eBay so mine don’t have the GTI logo on them, but apart from that, they’re the same as yours. They’re still holding up well and if they do need replacing, they’re not expensive.

As for going to the tip - I try and time one of my trips to the tip with the day I get my car serviced as I’ve found dealership courtesy cars make an excellent mode of transport for carrying all those items of rubbish destined for the tip! 🤣.

My car has its second service today; no courtesy car this time - I had a timed slot so waited at the dealers while they carried out the service and I drunk their complementary coffee. Car has only covered 8,520 miles in two years - so an average of 4,260 miles per year. That’s a low annual mileage record for me.

Enjoy your new car 👍.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

Gorgeous Andy. Getting mine tomorrow with the same colour and wheels then detailing it Wednesday. I’m considering the metal key caps I had for my last gti keys, do the silicone covers last longer than the plastic ones which bulge?
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

lancslad1985 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:22 pm Gorgeous Andy. Getting mine tomorrow with the same colour and wheels then detailing it Wednesday. I’m considering the metal key caps I had for my last gti keys, do the silicone covers last longer than the plastic ones which bulge?
This is my silicone cover after two years use. The white lock / unlock markings have started wearing off, but apart from that no other real signs of wear. As said in my previous post, if it is necessary to get a replacement, they’re not expensive.
C3D501CC-3577-4F13-A850-29CFE875EB15.jpeg
C3D501CC-3577-4F13-A850-29CFE875EB15.jpeg (29.1 KiB) Viewed 1066 times
0939D365-EAD3-4579-88D1-2D2C1FD719D0.jpeg
0939D365-EAD3-4579-88D1-2D2C1FD719D0.jpeg (27.23 KiB) Viewed 1066 times
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

Cheers @SRGTD. Considering it’s £4.50 without the gti letters or £8 with them, I went with your option!
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

@Andy. All looking good. Enjoy!
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

Well I’ve picked mine up and it’s so nice. Don’t mind the haptic buttons they’re just a bit sensitive. Feels better made than my previous gti+ and quieter for some reason even though it’s the same wheels. Having a few issues with WeConnect where it just keeps saying loading when I try to put I’m the primary user, but otherwise seems good. Will put pictures on tomorrow once detailed.
MikeDO
Bronze Member

Post by MikeDO »

At last some good news.

The dealer has now confirmed that my car has arrived and handover booked for next Tuesday at 11AM :)
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

Still can't say if mine is in the UK. Only ordered in January. I always order the pano roof, I'm sure this seems to slow orders down.
MikeDO
Bronze Member

Post by MikeDO »

johnpolo2 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:19 pm Still can't say if mine is in the UK. Only ordered in January. I always order the pano roof, I'm sure this seems to slow orders down.
I still can't understand why your dealer can't tell you whether your car has arrived in the UK, or not! Mine told me the date when my car arrived in both Emden and the UK. He just appeared to check the VW O/L system and it sounds like it holds this info.
Very odd.

PS. Mine was ordered early February (though no Pano roof).
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

I get updates but it feels a bit more vague this time.
I know last time I was able to track the ship etc etc.
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

In case anyone didn’t realise like me, those lights at the bottom on the front bumper (hexagonal ones) are NOT fog lights. They come on along with the light bar when your lights are on at night. I assumed they were fog lights.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

lancslad1985 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:54 pm In case anyone didn’t realise like me, those lights at the bottom on the front bumper (hexagonal ones) are NOT fog lights. They come on along with the light bar when your lights are on at night. I assumed they were fog lights.
Interesting; so does that mean the facelift GTI doesn’t have front fog lights - or dynamic cornering lights for that matter?

I wonder how many over zealous ‘jobsworth’ officers of the law will stop new GTI drivers at night for unnecessary/ improper use of front fog lights (yes, it does happen), even though they’re not fog lights? 🤔
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

That's interesting. Do they not double up as fog lights with a higher intensity at the flick of a switch?
So no front fogs?!
@SRGTD is right. Plod alert.