Dipped beam fault

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
Little Devil
New
Drives: Vw polo 2017 Beats 1.4 tdi

Dipped beam fault

Post by Little Devil »

Hi everyone, new here so don’t bite my head off for a first post!
Got a 2017 1.4 tdi Polo beats edition. Driving home last night lost dipped beam drivers side, then about 2 miles later lost dipped beam passenger side. Stuck the fogs on and got home safely.
All fuses in order, removed the passenger headlight , removed dipped beam bulb and checked by wiring it direct to the battery, light lite up. Refitted but light wouldn’t work. This morning I found my electrical tester and checked to find power to the connector at the light. Fitted a brand new bulb and all working. Repeated on the drivers side, now all working on both dip beams.

Both old headlight bulbs work when wired direct to a battery..so not 100% sure why they don’t work in the car and both failed within minutes of each other.

I’d like to check the relay but the ops manual doesn’t say where it is so wondering if someone more knowledgeable would no the location, I’ve attached a photo and was wondering if it is the one marked 644 ? Thanks.
Or..if anyone thinks it’s something else which has caused this?
Attachments
D9CB5ABF-245E-44AB-A19C-66C3B8B65F6F.jpeg
D9CB5ABF-245E-44AB-A19C-66C3B8B65F6F.jpeg (2.88 MiB) Viewed 2911 times
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Dipped beam fault

Post by iichel »

the lights are not operated by a relay but via fuses. check the fuse overview in the 6R/6C section. yours is a 6C.
Little Devil
New
Drives: Vw polo 2017 Beats 1.4 tdi

Re: Dipped beam fault

Post by Little Devil »

Thanks for that. I’ll check now, the 10 amp (red) fuse seems fine