Hello from a mk2 owner

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
mk2-stew
New
Drives: MK2 Polo Fox (squareback / breadvan)

Hello from a mk2 owner

Post by mk2-stew »

I own a MK2 Breadvan and thought I would come say Hi.

I see people are active on here but is most of the stuff on FB nowadays? I don't have an FB account but would still like to chat and exchange info with other Polo owners, maybe even meet at some events / shows some time.

So who is on here, what cars do you own and what meets / shows do you go to?
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Hello from a mk2 owner

Post by iichel »

Hi there and welcome. I personally have a Polo 6R and two classic cars, two VW Karmann Ghias. Due to the pandemic, I don't visit too many meetings.
mk2-stew
New

Post by mk2-stew »

iichel wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:14 pm Hi there and welcome. I personally have a Polo 6R and two classic cars, two VW Karmann Ghias. Due to the pandemic, I don't visit too many meetings.
Hi, two Karmann Ghias, not a car you see often! I know this pandemic has messed things up. Although here in the UK most restrictions are lifted life is not quite back to normal. Many car shows were cancelled this year but some still went ahead. Who knows what next year will bring but I hope to get to more events then.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

Yeah, perhaps you should get over your facebook fear and make a (relatively) anonymous account. I think it's one of the easier ways to get into touch with car lovers worldwide.
mk2-stew
New

Post by mk2-stew »

iichel wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:37 pm Yeah, perhaps you should get over your facebook fear and make a (relatively) anonymous account. I think it's one of the easier ways to get into touch with car lovers worldwide.
You're probably right but I just don't like it! I still think forums are better for this as you can search old information easier and the quality of discussion is usually better too. Unfortunately Facebook has much more people on than forums so like you say is usually the better way of getting in touch.

Still we're both on here and talking and hopefully not the only ones!?