2022 r line polo

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
loemon
New
Drives: R-Line DSG

Re: 2022 r line polo

Post by loemon »

SRGTD wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:10 am
loemon wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:23 am Hi,

Thanks for your reply, very useful! I have been given an estimated build week of week 31 - when is it likely to be delivered? And how likely could it be that my build week is brought forward?

Thanks!
loemon wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:25 am Wow thank you so much for explaining! Please can you check out my question above in reply to KayakerPaul? :)
If build week 31 is an estimated rather than a confirmed build week, then there’s a reasonable chance that estimated build week may change a number of times before VW confirm the actual build week. Once the actual build week has been confirmed, then it shouldn’t change. An estimate is just a best view, and can be influenced by supply chain issues and disruptions outside VW’s control, and until VW’s suppliers have confirmed they are able to supply all the parts / components needed to build your car and when they will be supplied, VW won’t be able to confirm a build week. Impossible to say how likely it is your estimated build week will be brought forward because of factors outside VW’s control.

If week 31 does become the confirmed build week, then the possible timeline for build and delivery of your car could be something like I’ve outlined below. However, this is purely a guesstimate, so the actual timeline could be somewhat different.
  • Car built during w/c Monday 1st August.
  • w/c 08/08/2022; Car moved out of factory awaiting collection for transportation on the ocean going leg of journey. Length of wait time before it’s loaded onto ocean going transport vessel? Unknown, but let’s assume two weeks.
  • w/c 22/08/2022; Ocean transit to the UK - estimate 6 weeks.
  • w/c 03/10/2022; Car held in storage compound until collected by one of the road carriers used by VW. Length of time in storage compound? Unknown. The road carrier will wait until they can completely fill a transporter with vehicles to be delivered to dealerships in the same area as yours, so your car could sit in the port-side compound for a while before it’s collected. Let’s assume it’s there for a couple of weeks.
  • w/c 17/10/2022; Car arrives at the dealership, checked over and PDI’d prior to collection. Once the dealer has your car, it shouldn’t take them long to get it ready for collection (2-3 days?), but how soon it will be ready will be influenced by the number of other vehicles they have to PDI, and the number of staff they have available to carry out PDI’s. Car is valeted ready for collection by customer.
  • w/c 24/10/2022; car ready for collection
So I think the earliest you’ll see your car will be late October/ early November - that’s assuming your estimated build week 31 becomes the confirmed build week.
Hi, it has actually been confirmed as week 31 - so looking like late October! Fingers crossed something brings it forward - I can't wait that long!!

I have ordered mine with Matrix IQ lights - does anyone know if the LED strip across the front can be turned on during day and night or are they just on at night?
KayakerPaul
Getting There!
Drives: R line - if it arrives

Post by KayakerPaul »

You did good to get a confirmed week 31, from an order a week ago.
( They must have lost mine !! :roll: )
order to build date, 34 weeks - 40+ish for collection.
Not that I`m counting.. :lol:
You should be roughly 7 weeks (8 inc build) behind mine ?
My dealer rang yesterday to verify the 6th again, and 6 weeks shipping. So I`m possibly looking at the first week of August, if I allow roughly 2 weeks to get to the dealership.
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

Just been watching Polo GTI review filmed in middle of the day and the light strip was On. I seem to recall that I heard on one review, that there is an option within menu to set it, so I think you can have it on or off depending on your choice.
loemon
New

Post by loemon »

AndyGTi wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:16 pm Just been watching Polo GTI review filmed in middle of the day and the light strip was On. I seem to recall that I heard on one review, that there is an option within menu to set it, so I think you can have it on or off depending on your choice.
Ooo thanks for that - will play with the settings when it arrives. I'm sure there is a youtube video demonstrating!
loemon
New

Post by loemon »

KayakerPaul wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:41 pm You did good to get a confirmed week 31, from an order a week ago.
( They must have lost mine !! :roll: )
order to build date, 34 weeks - 40+ish for collection.
Not that I`m counting.. :lol:
You should be roughly 7 weeks (8 inc build) behind mine ?
My dealer rang yesterday to verify the 6th again, and 6 weeks shipping. So I`m possibly looking at the first week of August, if I allow roughly 2 weeks to get to the dealership.
You reckon I would be able to pick it up mid-Sep then? I hope so! :D
KayakerPaul
Getting There!

Post by KayakerPaul »

Possibly, as on original post I, didn't know you had a build date. Although I think you might have had a tag on a dealership order, or cancelled order to be so quick.
Lucky you.
Post a pic when it arrives 8)
loemon
New

Post by loemon »

KayakerPaul wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:24 pm Possibly, as on original post I, didn't know you had a build date. Although I think you might have had a tag on a dealership order, or cancelled order to be so quick.
Lucky you.
Post a pic when it arrives 8)
I shall, send a pic of yours too! Which added options did you opt for or just the base R-Line?
KayakerPaul
Getting There!

Post by KayakerPaul »

The Matrix lights, sunroof, 17"wheels ,discover pro, spare wheel and the service plan. In reef blue.
CLIFFORD2K1
New
Drives: 1.0 115 sel dsg

Post by CLIFFORD2K1 »

Update:
Car was wk 10 build. And arrived at dealership in uk yesterday. Due to pick up Tue. Any tips for pick up?
KayakerPaul
Getting There!

Post by KayakerPaul »

CLIFFORD2K1 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:34 pm Update:
Car was wk 10 build. And arrived at dealership in uk yesterday. Due to pick up Tue. Any tips for pick up?
Enter showroom with a big smile on your face ? :D
Do you reckon we will get mats thrown in for free, by the dealer ?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

KayakerPaul wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:32 pm
CLIFFORD2K1 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:34 pm Update:
Enter showroom with a big smile on your face ? :D
Do you reckon we will get mats thrown in for free, by the dealer ?
Carpet mats front and rear are standard in the R-Line, so they should already be in the car.

As for pick up - don’t assume everything will be perfect with your car - all of the five VW’s I’ve bought brand new have had faults, ranging from misaligned body panels, paintwork imperfections, scratches, incorrect bumper trim fitted, damaged sill scuff plate and a small dent. I’d recommend you take someone impartial with you who won’t have any emotional attachment to your car to carefully check it over and give a second opinion (two pairs of eyes are better than one) to ensure;
  • the fit and finish of the panels is correct, panel gaps are all even and uniform.
  • none of the wheels have damage (e.g. they can be damaged when loading / unloading from the transporter).
  • there is no evidence of paintwork repairs (the paint colour, shade and finish is uniform from one pane to the next and there aren’t any scratches), and the dealer hasn’t inflicted multiple swirl marks through improper or careless preparation of the vehicle prior to collection.
  • any options you’ve specified are present, correct and working.
Also, if there’s time, check that everything on the car works before you leave the dealers, as it will save having to go back to the dealer to get things fixed at a later date if you don’t discover a fault until you’ve got home. And if you got your dealer to agree to provide a full tank or half a tank of fuel as part of the deal, make sure it’s been put in the tank.

Hopefully, VW dealers don’t still put a cover on customers cars and do the big unveiling ceremony in the showroom. Those covers will be used multiple times on many customers cars and will pick up grit and dirt when they’re dropped on the showroom floor, ready to scratch the paintwork of the next car they’re used on. I’d be specifically asking for my car not to be unveiled in that way.
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member
Drives: 19plate AW GTI+ / (9n3 GTI gone)

Post by ad_182_uk »

Lol the big new car reveal cover complete with scratches on your new pride and joy pack.
CLIFFORD2K1
New
Drives: 1.0 115 sel dsg

Post by CLIFFORD2K1 »

Thanks for the above advise will hopefully won’t miss anything as I’m picking it up after nights
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Post by MikeDO »

Must admit that I do prefer the shiny black painted lower grill at the front :) Wonder why they left it unpainted on the GTI?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

MikeDO wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:46 pm Must admit that I do prefer the shiny black painted lower grill at the front :) Wonder why they left it unpainted on the GTI?
It’s not painted on the Polo GTI because it follows the same styling / design as the mk8 Golf GTI’s (matt black honeycomb pattern) lower grille, which is part of the overall VW GTI brand Identity.