Failed emissions ????? Again.

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
catman0210
New
Drives: polo 1.2 2003

Failed emissions ????? Again.

Post by catman0210 »

I have a 2003 1.2 3cyl Polo. I have replaced the oil and filter, plugs, air filter, manicat, both Lambda sensors and put in fuel cleaning additive. Repaired some broken air hoses but it has still failed miserably on emissions!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :roll: :roll: :roll: :?: Does anyone have any more ideas as to what can be causing the problem?? We are scratching our heads as to the cause, even the garage lads are baffled.

Thanks
CarbonChaos
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI DSG Oryx white 3 door.

Re: Failed emissions ????? Again.

Post by CarbonChaos »

You will need to look at the data from both lambda sensors to see if they are working correctly, this could point to a engine issue (too rich ) where the cat can’t clean the mixture enough?
Does the vehicle run ok ? Is the water temp sensor data correct ?
Mileage would be helpful ? As these engine are known to eat valve seats and valves giving low compression.
Do a compression test first
Johntheo1
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 MK10 AW1

Re: Failed emissions ????? Again.

Post by Johntheo1 »

catman0210 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:11 pm I have a 2003 1.2 3cyl Polo. I have replaced the oil and filter, plugs, air filter, manicat, both Lambda sensors and put in fuel cleaning additive. Repaired some broken air hoses but it has still failed miserably on emissions!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :roll: :roll: :roll: :?: Does anyone have any more ideas as to what can be causing the problem?? We are scratching our heads as to the cause, even the garage lads are baffled.

Thanks
Can you post your readings?, could be something as simple as a holed exhaust, was this ever replaced?.