Hazard lights won't turn off

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Abz02
New
Drives: 6r

Hazard lights won't turn off

Post by Abz02 »

Hi, so I've had this problem for about a month now where my hazard lights won't turn off. So at first they kept going off non-stop even when I try turn them off and the boot used to always unlock Everytime I pressed the brake pedal. Another thing is that it keeps locking/unlocking and even when I turn off the car all these problems still happen. So when I turn off the car I have to unplug the battery so there's no power for the lights or locking.

I went to an "electrician" that said it's the body control module. So I ordered one and replaced it. Worked fine until the next day where I opened the boot and everything started again. But this time I when they do go off I can turn them off. The boot does unlock but only when I switch off the engine. Also locking/unlocking always happens and when car is off same problems, can't turn off the hazard lights. Also Everytime I moved off when stationary, the hazard lights would go off aswell so it's pretty embarrasing when driving.

I went back to the electrician and he told me the body control module might be faulty and told me to order another one. I did so and worked again fine until I opened the boot next day where I started to experience the same problems. So I went to another electrician and told me it's either the body control module or gateway control module. I told him I had replaced the bcm twice so he told me to order the gateway control module. I'm still yet to replace it. I've ordered it but was wondering if this would fix it or if it's another problem I have.
Hgpolo
New
Drives: 1.4 diesal 64 plate blue motion

Re: Hazard lights won't turn off

Post by Hgpolo »

Hi - did you get sorted? what was the issue?