Non auto folding out mirrors

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
JB6C
New
Drives: Polo Match Edition Tdi

Non auto folding out mirrors

Post by JB6C »

Anyone else find it stupid that the folding mirrors don’t fold out until you turn on the ignition but fold in automatically when you lock it?
Never had this on any other VW’s and wondered if I have missed something in the settings or there is a simple coding job to fix it so they open when you unlock it.
I have OBD11 pro and have changed a few things already so looking for a possible way to code it to work properly!! 1st world problem eh🙄
BTW car is a 2017 Polo 6c Match Edition 5dr
Thanks
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Non auto folding out mirrors

Post by SRGTD »

Never found it stupid when I had my 6c Polo GTI, but then I never gave it any thought. Perhaps it’s actually a good thing they work that way if there’s any risk (I don’t know if there is) of the mirror motor assembly freezing in the folded position in sub-zero wet weather; with the way they work, unlocking the car wouldn’t force the mirror to automatically unfold until the owner has had an chance to defrost it.

Though as you’ve said, a bit of a first world problem.
2fast4ya
Getting There!
Drives: polo 1.8 tsi gti bluetec

Post by 2fast4ya »

Mine does the same & its normal haha & it looks cool aswell when it happens😁
I will say this though if you start to hear a squeaking creaking sound when they operate might be an idea to take them off & re-grease the mechanism with silicone grease to refresh the movements & stop them seazing up in colder weather👍🏼
Kell
New
Drives: MK9

Post by Kell »

This happens on our Q5 too.

I figure it's to save the battery.

Quite often I go to get something out the car, and it would be a pain to unlock it, and have the mirrors unfold, pick something up off the seat, and then lock it again and have the mirrors fold back in.

To be fair, the Q5 is the only car I've owned that has them fold in at all. And I don't really get it.
2fast4ya
Getting There!
Drives: polo 1.8 tsi gti bluetec

Post by 2fast4ya »

My polo has electric folding in/out mirrors, its a nice feature i think & it stops ppl knocking them off in car parks & stops cars hitting them up narrow streets when parked up .
Some ppl dont has space awarness lol
Erm i just realized ive already commented on this thread lol :oops: