Toymachine1' Polo 6R Comfortline 1.2 TSI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Toymachine1
New
Drives: Polo 6R Comfortline 2010

Re: Retrofitted bt-module and MFD+. Now frozen on MFD Phone menu.

Post by Toymachine1 »

Thank you Iichel! I just wasn't sure what's the role of the button controller with other wheels that have it. And if the 3C8 would have similar HW and SW build in the buttons itself. Also the PQ46 wheel control module confused me. PQ46 seems to be little different.

I will order the cheap 3C8 tomorrow. Or might be even go pick it up, it's just 200km drive. I might refurbish it properly while I wait for the crimp terminals (000979009E) to arrive :D decided to order bunch of those so I can just do the cables myself.

For left bluetooth audio channel I will also need to add couple wires, so those will come in handy.

Iichel hope you can join in with sharing my joy once the retrofit is completed, not sure if I can give back anything else. At least not any more car knowledge than what you have :D
Toymachine1
New

Post by Toymachine1 »

Had a day off today so went ahead and installed the Passat 3C8 MFSW. Works very good as you said Iichel. Thank you.

Now able to use all menu's of the MFD+, and successfully paired my phone. So glad to have Bluetooth back, but now better than ever because of the MFSW buttons.

Telephone book still gets scrambled with RCD-510, although I now have the latest firmware installed. Also no song titles are still being displayed, so not fully satisfied. Probably need to install RNS-510 at some point. Then I can have Navi and RVC retrofitted also.

I think I will rename this topic and edit the first post and add pics of all the mods too. When I have time to do that.
Toymachine1
New

Post by Toymachine1 »

Small update on the car.

Upgraded RCD 510 to better version, Bosch 3C8035190C. Very cheap find. This one shows song titles and since I have MFD+ I can now see song names there, so browsing through music from Bluetooth is pretty seamless now with multi function steering wheel.

The screen is much more brighter and sharper and the theme has slightly better look than the older unit.

This unit also has RVC support so of course I ordered all the required items to retrofit RVC. Once that works I will move to upgrade 4K Ops to 8K Ops.

I also found piano black dashboard trims, but bt-car from Poland does not ship it. If some angel could help me getting those items it would be forever appreciated :D
https://bt-cars.pl/kratki-nawiewu/9061- ... 704-c.html

Also, I had an oil leak from oil filter "holder" gasket. Took the car to a shop to get it fixed, since there was so much to disassemble. The mechanic mentioned that it was quite a job.
Toymachine1
New

Re: Toymachine1' Polo 6R Comfortline 1.2 TSI

Post by Toymachine1 »

My latest mod on the car. So glad to finally upgrade these interior trims. The OEM matt look was so boring and hurting eyes.

My other car is Octavia IV Style so each time I drive Polo I really want to improve it as the difference has been so big, but Polo has been steadily improving. Octavia is bit boring as there is not much to mod, but maybe with new models there will be something new that can be retrofitted on it :D

Here's the wrap. Disassembled everything in cold and dark winter weather, that was not too nice but when I finally got inside and started wrapping these that was fun.
IMG_20230205_103843.jpg
IMG_20230205_103843.jpg (2.9 MiB) Viewed 3971 times
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

That's really nicely done, looks OEM.
Toymachine1
New

Post by Toymachine1 »

Thank you I also think it worked out well. I have now wrapped the light switch too. Side vents pending still.

I purchased 16" Denvers that were in very bad condition. They are straight but had lots of curb rash and overall looking bad. Reconditioning them completely, will be fun to install them to the car when summer comes.

After primer
Screenshot_20230308-183840~2.jpg
Screenshot_20230308-183840~2.jpg (128.67 KiB) Viewed 3844 times
Final surface
IMG-20230315-WA0005~2.jpeg
IMG-20230315-WA0005~2.jpeg (799.55 KiB) Viewed 3844 times
Engine has been giving me some trouble. I hope it's the O2 sensors that are broken, since they are still under warranty. Getting all the O2 sensor error codes but before that I get P0172, Fuel trim, bank 1. System too rich.

Taking the car to VW shop for further investigation. They will swap out the O2 sensors right away if they are broken. If not hoping I get at least the problem diagnosed and can fix it then myself. I get gasoline smell in the engine bay. Gut feeling that it could be high pressure fuel pump also that's giving up.
Toymachine1
New

Post by Toymachine1 »

Installed new high pressure fuel pump today. The old one was leaky. My theory is that was the cause for P0172. Took the car for short test ride and it drove very well. Idle was much more stable too. Now I can reverse without touching the throttle.

But got the code again, but not any misbehaviour now. Gonna take the car to shop for oil change. I have new filter and oil purchased but Finnish winter is not optimal for performing the job outside at this time. Hoping getting clean oil in will help, the current oil is pretty dirty due to the leaky HPFP.

Here are my high pressure fuel values during my test ride. Looks to be ok but when I lift throttle the pressure stays a bit high, is that normal? (High way at about 80km/h)
https://youtu.be/KPS4gasLa_I
Toymachine1
New

Post by Toymachine1 »

So I have now driven 223 kilometers without any error codes or problems. Car drives and behaves perfectly. I changed high pressure fuel pump, air filter, oil filter, gasoline filter and new oil.

So indeed it seems that high pressure fuel pump leakage was causing engine to run rich. Now it seems that there might be more power than before too but hard to say really. But smoothness of everything is nice.

1.2 tsi with 77kw is pleasant.

Has anyone in the forums done hybrid turbo on these :lol:
Toymachine1
New

Post by Toymachine1 »

Quick update on the latest. No check engine light since changing the HPFB :D

But there is one more oil leak. Not bad but better to fix it sooner than later. It's from crankcase breather. Part number is 03F 103 464 A. I ordered new part and sealant (Femi Bilstein). So fixing that when I get the parts.

Also ordered 6C rear lights with the tint (M revision). Looking forward to install these. Still need to build the adapter/wiring in order to fit them to the car.
Toymachine1
New

Post by Toymachine1 »

OMG this 6C taillight retrofit is a must do for all 6R drivers!
The left one is the 6C tinted version. Right side is the original 6R version.

I was lazy and just cut my original wires and soldered in the 6C suitable connectors. One connector I got with the other taillight and one I ordered from Allegro. Also before installing these new taillights I installed all new bulbs.
IMG_20230501_214850~2.jpg
IMG_20230501_214850~2.jpg (553.09 KiB) Viewed 3540 times
Toymachine1
New

Post by Toymachine1 »

An issue appeared with the cruise control. It works bit randomly. It must be related to the cabling work I did with the taillights.

I have visually confirmed that all lights are working and also run all basic tests to confirm that the "computer" also thinks that the lights work and are operated correctly.

While on test drive I was monitoring some live data and noticed that "Cruise control cancel switch" is constantly operated. Then when I actually "operate" it (turn the CC switch to cancel position) computer says that it is not operated.

What could cause it to be constantly operated? Could there still be something off with the cabling even though all the lights work?
ciclo
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

There is no reason to think that your new 6C taillight installation is interfering with the CCS.

The question is, regardless of the data monitoring of the CC buttons (SET-, RES+, On<-<>CNL->Off), does the CCS work correctly?
CNL is a temporary toggle button that deactivates the speed temporarily, but this 'speed' still remains memorized in the CCSystem... to RESume that same speed whenever you like.

Maybe this makes sense to your question and to the logic of the monitored data 🤷‍♂️ ... or maybe I misunderstood what you mean.🤔😋

---
To activate Gra_High contact Madwarlock (Slavik), it's easy, fast and effective, he will tell you what reading tool you need to read/write your ECU.
It is 100% worth it, driving with the Gra_High is much more pleasant, effective and informative.👌

😄
Toymachine1
New

Post by Toymachine1 »

So I think I should have described what random means in this case. :D It's been very hard to activate the CCS after I changed the taillights. Sometimes takes more than ten attempts to get it activated. Sometimes even the CCS light is not lighting when I push/click the activate button.

Also when I use blinkers the CCS system gets cancelled/deactivated. That's quite odd. A few times it got cancelled randomly when I was cruising. In fact it's bit dangerous now to drive with the car due to this malfunction.

Also today I started getting error code 00895 which relates to CCS system.

Maybe it's a weird coincidence that this happened around the same time and it's just the CCS switch that needs cleaning or replacement. I will try the cleaning.

Gra_high: I would LOVE to get it activated. I am suffering every time I drive the Polo due to not having it available. I have had it in my all other cars for years. Also it was one of the reasons why I have installed MFA+ capable instrument cluster. I will try to reach out to him for his great guidance.
ciclo
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

I recommend you check the correct installation of the steering column combi switch (bolt, clamp, T41 connector), and if the installation is correct, replace the levers set with a NEW one.

---
6R 2010 (190.000km)
6Q0953513AL https://www.autodoc.fi/search?keyword=6Q0953513AL , with CCS/without MFI, if you are going to install a steering wheel with MFI buttons.
Toymachine1
New

Post by Toymachine1 »

ciclo wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:45 pm I recommend you check the correct installation of the steering column combi switch (bolt, clamp, T41 connector), and if the installation is correct, replace the levers set with a NEW one.

---
6R 2010 (190.000km)
6Q0953513AL https://www.autodoc.fi/search?keyword=6Q0953513AL , with CCS/without MFI, if you are going to install a steering wheel with MFI buttons.
The cruise control system is OEM so I think it should be OK. I think I will just order that part you linked as it would be good to do anyways as I have MFSW installed already. During that installation I can check that connector also just to double check as it will be easy to do at that point.

This is starting to get real hobby as money keeps flowing in to this :D

Just yesterday I ordered 6R R-line rear bumper (6R6807421DN) with the diffuser. :P