Rear LED Blinker not working when car is switched on

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
Vroom09210
New
Drives: Polo 1.2 TSI, 105 hp

Rear LED Blinker not working when car is switched on

Post by Vroom09210 »

Greetings everyone, I own a VW Polo 6c 1.2 TSI 7DSG and I have a thing for doing DIYs in my car. Recently I made a LED light that gets mounted onto the rear diffuser. The LED light is powered by a module that takes input from the tail light connector and drives the LED light. There are two input modes A: the constant lit mode which gets powered as the parking light is switched on and B: the blinker mode which gets activated when the brake pedal is pressed.
Now comes the hard part, all these modes work perfectly fine as long as the car is not switched on. Once I turn the car on, the constant lit mode works fine as usual but the blinker mode does not work as the brakes are applied. Instead of blinking the light gets dimmer than the constant output.
I have taken the input from the tail light wiring, tapping the parking light wire for constant output in led, and the brake light wire for the blinker mode. Anyone who can help me with sorting the blinker mode problem will be of great help. Thanks in advance.
Attaching photos for reference.
Attachments
This is how blinker looks in daylight. Made it myself.
This is how blinker looks in daylight. Made it myself.
3..jpeg (195.93 KiB) Viewed 2861 times
1. RED wire: for constant power at parking light input<br />2. BLACK wire: Ground <br />3. YELLOW wire: Takes input from brake light to make the lights blink.
1. RED wire: for constant power at parking light input
2. BLACK wire: Ground
3. YELLOW wire: Takes input from brake light to make the lights blink.
2..jpeg (189.81 KiB) Viewed 2861 times
Blinker in normal power on mode.
Blinker in normal power on mode.
1..jpeg (163.41 KiB) Viewed 2861 times
2fast4ya
Getting There!
Drives: polo 1.8 tsi gti bluetec

Re: Rear LED Blinker not working when car is switched on

Post by 2fast4ya »

Erm i would scrap that idea tbh 😀