Exhaust

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
AP14
New
Drives: 6r

Exhaust

Post by AP14 »

Hi everyone,
I’ve got a polo 1.4 and I’m looking at making my exhaust a bit deeper and overall louder just because why not, may aswell make it sound better. Currently I’m looking at a res delete and sport back box. Has anyone else done this and what was the result, and is there anything instead I should do or is this the best option?

Cheers!
Gee40
Bronze Member
Drives: 2016 6c GTI (manual), 1982 Mk1Golf GTI

Re: Exhaust

Post by Gee40 »

Personally I'd spend a few more £££s and go for a full cat back resonated system. Some of these are still fairly loud if decibels are important to you. The MOT rules changed fairly recently requiring cars to keep the original number of silencers. With a car as popular as the Polo, most MOT stations will know how many silencers the car should have, so you run the risk of problems when its comes to MOT time etc .

If I were you I'd also check out your exhaust mod plan with your insurer. Most won't load the premium if its only the exhaust you are changing

Sorry to be a party pooper
AP14
New
Drives: 6r

Re: Exhaust

Post by AP14 »

Yeah I’m definitely going to check with insurance first to get a quote. But I’m not looking to spend hundreds on it to get the whole exhaust system changed. I got a quote for a custom back box and res delete but the back box is working out to be a fair bit more than I expected, so what would be better a custom back box or just a res delete?