Fitting a Reverse camera on a Polo

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
JFurn91
New
Drives: Polo 2013

Fitting a Reverse camera on a Polo

Post by JFurn91 »

Hi, I have just received a new head unit, and all is working fine, except I have some confusion on how the reverse camera is suppose to be connected.

There are two parts of the cable, the yellow aux, which goes into the back of the unit, and red aux which is the power. The manual suggests you connect the two wires to the positive and negative wires of the reserve light.

I am not clear on the following.

1. Where exactly the positive and negative wires can be found on the reverse light.

2. Once I find them how to connect them.

I have attached an image they sent me to help with this.

Any advice on this please?

Thanks
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Fitting a Reverse camera on a Polo

Post by iichel »

Negative on a VW is always brown. Thats chassis ground. The positive for the reverse wire is usually blue and black. You connect them using either a crimp or you solder them.
JFurn91
New
Drives: Polo 2013

Post by JFurn91 »

Thanks for the reply, so I have located the black/blue wire and the brown wire, both go into a plastic clip which then goes into the light, I am not experienced to crimping, do i need to take the wires out the plastic to do this. Do you know of a video anywhere to demonstrate this.

Thanks
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Post by amer6R »

If its android headunit, just connect the aux the headunit and thats all. ( if its not a pop up camera)
-For this to work, you have to have the canbus decoder box plugged into the headunit.
-If its android HU, and you don't run the decoder box, then you will have to splice in the reverse signal to the + wire for the reverse lights.