Electric folding mirrors | one mirror stuck

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
r0mek
New
Drives: 6C 1.2 TSI 110KM Highline

Electric folding mirrors | one mirror stuck

Post by r0mek »

Hi,

I was looking, for similar issue, but I was not able to find it.
What happen:
I left car for ~4 weeks standing still (with mirrors folded), today i fired it up and only one mirror unfold (passenger). VCDS shows no errors. Electric regulation is working, seems like all fuses under steering wheel are fine.
Any ideas? I would like to check all that is possible before taking mirror out (Polo was factory fitted with these).

thanks
robert
r0mek
New

Re: Electric folding mirrors | one mirror stuck

Post by r0mek »

Hi,

I have disassembled mirror. Seems like there is no power in the socket while I'm trying to unfold it.
To confirm that I took +12V directly from battery and connected it to folding mirror motor - it worked, now mirror is unfolded.
After that i start folding and unfolding mirrors and there was no power supply in the cables.

Can you please let me know what pins are cables to folding mirror in the socket in the doors? I would like to check circuit between socket in the doors and socket that goes to folding mirror (seems like its black/red and brown/black cable).

Any help appriciated.

thanks
robert
r0mek
New

Re: Electric folding mirrors | one mirror stuck

Post by r0mek »

Hi,

I have disassembled mirror. Seems like there is no power in the socket while I'm trying to unfold it.
To confirm that I took +12V directly from battery and connected it to folding mirror motor - it worked, now mirror is unfolded.
After that i start folding and unfolding mirrors and there was no power supply in the cables.

Can you please let me know what pins are cables to folding mirror in the socket in the doors? I would like to check circuit between socket in the doors and socket that goes to folding mirror (seems like its black/red and brown/black cable).

Any help appreciated.

thanks
robert