2008 Polo new acquisition - questions

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
u664541
New
Drives: 1.0 TSI

2008 Polo new acquisition - questions

Post by u664541 »

Good afternoon.

Just bought my daughter a 2008 1.2 Polo 9N3 70BHP and a few questions.............

Can anyone post the revs at the following speeds - 30mph in 4th, 50mph in 5th and 70mph in 5th? I've a 1.0TSI 2016 Polo and it revs a lot lower than I'm seeing so just wanted to check all was OK.

We only have 1 key for it which is not remote but opens C/L and starts the engine. I contacted VW for another key and was told there wasn't a remote fob for this ever, always been key in the door type. Is that right? Seems a bit old skool even for 2008! :/
EDIT - seems so. VW making the Polo more affordable decided not to have remote locking so I was informed

I did an oil and filter change this morning and by the looks of it there used to be an undertray there once. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance.
Bongoboy
New
Drives: POLO 9N3

Re: 2008 Polo new acquisition - questions

Post by Bongoboy »

Hello,

Not sure about the exact revs but I have a 2007 with the same engine and the gearing is such that it revs 'high' compared to my previous 1.4L petrol polo.

Yeah, hard to believe, I traded in a 1998 Polo which came from the factory with remote central locking for a car which was 10 year newer but didn't have it! lol

Doesn't have a tray/cover under the engine. There is a small bit of plastic around the front but it doesn't extend back far, makes it easy to change the oil though!
Maarten
Silver Member
Drives: AW R-line Facelift MY2022 Vibrant Violet

Re: 2008 Polo new acquisition - questions

Post by Maarten »

3-door of 5-door car?

If it is a 3 door car, replace the comfort module located under the accelerator pedal with one from a 3 or 5 door WITH keyfob.
Connectors are the same.

You will need to have central locking with the key in door already, if you have cilinders on both front doors, this wil not work