Patil's T-roc 2020 1.5Tsi evo+Dsg7 RHD

A section of the forum for members to show off their non-polo vehicles.
patil
Silver Member
Drives: Polo6r/1.2TSI/DSG7, T-roc'20 1.5TSI/DSG7

Re: Patil's T-roc 2020 1.5Tsi evo+Dsg7 RHD

Post by patil »

Happy New Year to everyone πŸŽ„β€οΈ πŸŽ‡ πŸ’«πŸ˜

iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

Happy new year my dearest doctor

ciclo
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

A Very Happy New Year! πŸ₯³πŸ€—

πŸ˜„
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

Log#23

Start- Stop Disabling module ( Aftermarket)

I found this Start-Stop feature in my T-roc more annoying than useful. I don't care how much petrol it saves, rather I am more concerned about it's effect on the life of engine, starter motor and battery. It also cuts off engine before car comes to complete halt, didn't understand the logic behind it. Though VW has given button to disable it, we need to press it every time engine is restarted. I wish VW had given memory function to this button to remember the last selection.

There are two ways to disable start - stop function permanently. Coding changes in gateway or a aftermarket plug and play module. I decided to go with the later.

I bought this module from AliExpress: https://a.aliexpress.com/_onhsEL8

It's just a 5 minutes job, if we know how to remove the central console trim. Works well πŸ‘Œ It disables start- stop right after ignition is turned on.

Sellers description, but I didn't understand what they meant by service mode.

So far so good, no errors in autoscan. πŸ‘
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Thanks for the info my dear Doctor and Master.

I believe, 'without technical data' (just personal technical experience), that the Star/Stop system was the culprit for the refrigerant/oil leak trough the A/C compressor shaft in our Golf. viewtopic.php?p=593479#p593479
The leak began after a long trip (about 2000km) at an ambient temperature of +40ΒΊC 🌞 πŸ₯΅ with the A/C running at 100%, and it is very possible that the cooling process of some parts of the engine was not adequate during some traffic jams or stops at rest/service areas.

I will test the adaptation method at GW for the next summer.

[VN]_Start_stop_voltage_limit:
[LN]_start_stop_voltage_limit: 7.8 [UN]_V ... to 12V

---
This reminds me that I still have to install the 140A Alternator to test it.
After overcoming those 'small' health setbacks, I already thought that everything was solved.πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ :lol:
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

ciclo wrote: ↑Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:00 am Thanks for the info my dear Doctor and Master.
We have unequivocally only one master πŸ€—πŸ™

Happy to see your DCC project finally rolling and your obsession for attention to details is inimitable πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

Log#24

Boot ( mat/ tray/ Inlay ) whatever you call it. :mrgreen:

My dealer delivered me this 6 months after I ordered, better late than never I thought. VW says it's made of thermoplastic material. Looks cheap quality but fits perfectly. Easy to remove and wash

Before:

Now:

-----------------------------------

Dressed up the armrest lid with cover from AliExpress. https://a.aliexpress.com/_omv0dZo

Very good quality, made of soft velvet material and fits perfectly πŸ‘Œ

patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

Better lane discipline than humans.. :mrgreen:
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

It is not usual for accidents/incidents to occur at random, they usually occur due to a combination or sum of circumstances.
I hope everything went well in such circumstances because Ganesh 🐘 protected you from any obstacle on the road.

πŸ™
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

Thank you for your concern dear Master, nothing untoward happend that day. As I live in a place close to forest, wild animal sightings are very common. They usually won't attack unless provoked. The forest department has set certain rules to follow while driving inside forest zones( No selfies with animals πŸ˜… no feeding, no stopping, no honking / flashing headlights etc...) in place. But still human-animal conflicts do happen often due to either human stupidity or unpredictable animal behaviour.

Only once few years back, had a close encounter with a baby elephant, when it suddenly jumped on to road in front of my Polo, luckily my speed was low and braked hard instinctively. Poor baby got scared and ran back to it's herd unharmed πŸ™‚

In such unusual situations, good fog lamps are very helpful in visualising animals standing sideways on forest roads during night drives.πŸ‘Œ
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

I'm glad to know that everything went well.πŸ‘Œ
If I saw an elephant on the side of the road where I live, I would either be dreaming or I would die of fear...πŸ˜„

I have to say that in the place where I live there is also wildlife transit on the roads, but of medium or small size, such as deer, wild boar, foxes, lynx, otters and other mustelids, rabbits, all types of rodents and an immense number of bird species... etc.
When driving at night, the most effective way to avoid a collision with wildlife is to sound the horn forcefully but briefly and repeatedly so that the animals can orient themselves and flee, otherwise they are blinded by the light of the headlights and the collision is inevitable.

The matrix headlights with dynamic light assist also help a lot for these situations... along with my predictive SCLs. πŸ˜πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ™