THE POLO 9N DIRECT FROM HELL!!!

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
simlock
New
Drives: golf mk4 130

THE POLO 9N DIRECT FROM HELL!!!

Post by simlock »

THIS CAR IS CURSED !!!!

I will try to be briefe as i can, i am a real car lover always have been but this car i HATE !!
At the time this car was purchased by my youngest Daughter as i had one as a run around at the time when she bought it and i recomended it, it come with a full new timing Chain fitted and the invoice for the work so all good hahahaha, NO!! The car wouldn't start one day and after two people looked at the car without diagnosing it i tried and found out it was the Chain that slipped, so baught a new one with the updated Chain Guide the longer version, and it worked fine luckily no vavle damage and after 4 years it started first time, anyway, i started to do some more work on the car and wound the window down in the hot weather and it wouldn't go back up, which has still to be fixed, then i had a problem with the car not starting, so looked online and found that the fuse was blowing and think it was down to the fuel pump, i checked all the wiring disconnected the fuel pump connector and the fuse no longer blew, so put it down to the fuel pump being faulty so bought a new pump off ebay and the car started again, perfect, so anyway again today went out to work on the brakes and my Daughters boyfriend baught a new battery so i fitted it, in the mean time i put the car on Axle stands to get to the bleed nipples, anyway i thought i'd just start the car and it wouldn't start, i'm like WTF really, so i thought maybe the fuel wasn't getting through as the car was higher so lowered the car down still wouldn't start, checked the fuse and yup, the fuse was blown again, took the fuel pump out half a tank of fuel, and tried this pump and the old pump on 12volts and both pumps nackered, just a click noise no pumping noise, why is the car burning out theese fuel pumps in minutes. i've had enough now just can't be assed. Is there a way to bypass the fuel electrics and wire it up another way so the pump doesn't burn out. thanks
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: THE POLO 9N DIRECT FROM HELL!!!

Post by RUM4MO »

I'd doubt if there is much in a car that can force a fuel pump to fail, other than nasty stuff in the tank being dragged into the pump and stalling it, I'd think that it would survive any loss of voltage regulation in the generating system.

Was the ebay new pump a Bosch like the original or a cheaper lookie likie bit of tat?

Edit:- just a question, how or you rigging up these highish pressure fuel pumps when testing them outwith the car, remember that they need to be flooded with fuel prior to being run as I'd think that they use the fuel as a light lubricant and cooling medium as well as needing to always remain full of fuel to avoid the chance of air being inside it and causing a serious fire risk.