1.2 Match 60 Anti Roll Bar clamp bolts

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Sean_M9
New
Drives: VW Polo 6R 1.2 Match 60

1.2 Match 60 Anti Roll Bar clamp bolts

Post by Sean_M9 »

Tried ordering replacement Anti Roll bar clamp bolts from the VW dealer but was told I have to order a minimum of 25 as they do f stock them (obviously don’t want 25).

Had a quick google and can’t seem to find anywhere that has them, any ideas where I can get or an alternative part number?
CarbonChaos
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI DSG Oryx white 3 door.

Re: 1.2 Match 60 Anti Roll Bar clamp bolts

Post by CarbonChaos »

Do you have the correct part number ? if so share it with the forum someone may have them
Silver Member
Drives: Cross Polo 1.2TSI 2017

Post by 2226 »

WHT 005 480
N 107 463 01
N 101 389 05

I found these part numbers on ETKA online.
That 2nd one is idle pulley bolt, but listed for 6C bar clamps as well. Seems all the same.

Couldn't you just check with a local engineering supply store? These are collared hex bolt M8x60. Sounds generic enough.

https://webautocats.com/etka/part/WHT005480/
https://webautocats.com/etka/part/N--10138905/

https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-part/ ... 22596.html
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

That is a bit of nonsense from VW Group, though it might be the way they are trying to operate possibly to stop people repairing their own cars!

I have not come up against that yet, a long time ago I did have that issue with Ford, my local country "good" Ford garage left out a single bolt on the plastic cam belt cover, so to avoid having to return to them I just requested that a localish bigger Ford main dealership order one in for me - I had to buy 10, which hurt a lot seeing as it was not me that caused me to have to sort that out.
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

On the listing that I use, all Polo of this type use N 107 463 01 and some are available on ebay at sensible prices and some not so sensibly priced.

They are M8 X 60mm hex head inc flange, though buying any machine bolt M8 of that length without a flange head, ie no built in washer, could be used and fit a washer under the head to spread the load. Just make sure that you buy the correct quality, ie tensile strength of bolt if you buy elsewhere, and also make sure that you know the thread pitch of M8 that VW Group used.

I'm guessing that you sheared the bolt off while removing these clamps, they do look like they could end up getting very rusted up as they are exposed to road "stuff".
CarbonChaos
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI DSG Oryx white 3 door.

Post by CarbonChaos »

Is this the type of thing you’re looking for ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/314036844491 ... media=COPY
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Post by amer6R »

try at skoda dealership or seat
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

amer6R wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:17 am try at skoda dealership or seat
I normally don't have any problems from my local VW dealership parts department, it might be a modern set up, but I go round the back and straight into the counter of the parts department and the old guy in there had worked at the "old style" VW dealership that this motoring group bought over, so if he says that something like that was happening, I'd trust that it was true and completely out of his hands.

Having said all that, the local Skoda dealership is easier to get to - and they seem to only have one parts store and not the usual "workshop parts store" and "retail parts store" so most things that I have expected to have to get them to order in, they have in stock! So win win, typically I check online VW Group parts listings to see if what I need on the 2019 Polo is used on the similar aged Fabia, and if it is, like in this case, then it is always Skoda I go to. SEAT dealership, locally, for me, is a total nightmare to get to and back, so I only go there for uniquely SEAT parts - or order them online from CCP via Facebook and maybe same for Audi parts.

I must say though, and maybe it is only this Skoda dealership parts guys that do this, if I ask for something and they currently do not have any in stock, they will automatically check all other local VW Group dealership parts stock holding, which is handy as the last time they could not provide me with VW Polo parts, they directed me to my local Audi dealership, which saved me messing around.
Sean_M9
New
Drives: VW Polo 6R 1.2 Match 60

Post by Sean_M9 »

Thanks for the replies,

The guy at the Parts counter, who initially served me, passed on contact details for a local fastener company they use, as well as the bolt dimensions.
I went along and they managed to sort me the correct bolts at a fraction of the price.

As a bonus the job was really straight forward and gave myself a pat on back for ordering new drop links as the Passenger side was knackered, hence the knocking - now as quite as a mouse :)

Cheers everyone