Polo reliability and the latest What Car report

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Re: Polo reliability and the latest What Car report

Post by S_94 »

Sorry to hear about your bad experience Mike. Very disappointing customer service from VW and wouldn't blame you for choosing another car or dealership next time around.

I had a slight issuer with my coolant earlier this year. I could see a visible leak (pink fluid) coming from the coolant tank. VW did extensive tests (well, I hope so) and found no leaks. Strange one as I could see fluid coming out (post below). No issues since then but has put me on edge doing long journeys.

viewtopic.php?p=589664&hilit=leak#p589664
PO10ASH
Getting There!
Drives: POLO GTI+

Post by PO10ASH »

Sorry to hear of your experience Mike.

I too recently (August 22) suffered a low coolant level warning 3 days after a 2-year service interval. I took the car back in and they confirmed a leak through pressure checking and told me that they needed the car longer to investigate, 2-3 weeks later after being told to keep a bottle of water in my car "just in case" they inspected my car and told me the "leak" isn't there.. speaking to a service manager he confirmed that it's a "known issue" with the Polo GTI's which they seem to keep very quiet.

Not sure what I was pissed off more with, the fact they washed my car or the fact the coolant leak magically disappeared. Time will tell if this "leak" re-presents itself, I'm sure once my warranty is over it'll come back.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

PO10ASH wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:20 pm Not sure what I was pissed off more with, the fact they washed my car or the fact the coolant leak magically disappeared. Time will tell if this "leak" re-presents itself, I'm sure once my warranty is over it'll come back.
For me, it would be the fact that they washed the car (a.k.a. free scratch and swirl treatment for good reason), as it would take me 2 days or more effort with my machine polisher to undo the damage they’d have done.

I’ve seen the poor standard of dealership complimentary service washes inflicted on other customers cars which is why when my car is ever back at the dealership, I always instruct the dealer not to wash my car, plus I fix my ‘Do not wash this car’ hanger on the rear view mirror and I tie a tag with the same instruction on my key fob. It seems to work, as the dealership I use has always complied with my request.

It does make me cringe when I hear the service advisors asking other customers if they’d like their cars washed and they reply ‘oh, yes please’ 🫣😲

Hopefully the cause of the coolant leak was something as simple as a loose hose clip that they’ve tightened up. If that was the cause and the remedy, it would’ve been good if they’d told you. Fingers crossed the leak doesn’t come back.