LSD for Polo GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Yammer5
New
Drives: Polo GTI

LSD for Polo GTI

Post by Yammer5 »

Hi all

I’m looking at buying a 2016ish DSG Polo GTI.
After watching a load of YouTube vids it seems that Polo GTI’s are really good, but have difficulty getting the power down as they seem to wheel spin a lot and people say the EDL is pretty rubbish.
Back in the day I used to have a hill climb Renault 5 GT Turbo that had the same issue and a Quaife diff made the torque steer and wheel spin a lot more manageable.
Could I ask if anyone knows if a Quaife or similar LSD makes a worthwhile difference please?
I’ve had a look online and it seems the diff will cost around £700 but I’ve no idea how much it would cost to fit?

Cheers
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Re: LSD for Polo GTI

Post by Dink »

i've got a quaife fitted to my polo gti and love it.

it does help with wheel spin (although i still get it if provoked) but it definitely lights up both tyres and general driving does help with getting off roundabouts etc.

i paid £1400 for it all in (same day fitting) but that was for a manual but that was a few years ago

so it maybe more for a DSG as it may require extra steps setting up the clutch again.

Be aware that the DSG in the polo is the DQ200 version so can be hit or miss (especially when coupled to a 1.8 TSI engine)
Yammer5
New
Drives: Polo GTI

Re: LSD for Polo GTI

Post by Yammer5 »

Brill, thanks for the reply :)