Had car 10 days, first warranty claim to start

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
LEEA123
Getting There!
Drives: none

Had car 10 days, first warranty claim to start

Post by LEEA123 »

So love the car, but will be calling the dealer as there is an issue with the passenger seat. I noticed it today, there was like 3 dots I see on the seat, they looked like little water drops, but to the touch, they feel slightly raised, so maybe a problem with stitching not sure. would add a picture, but no clue how to add it
Attachments
seat piccy.jpg
seat piccy.jpg (45.29 KiB) Viewed 1533 times
seat piccy.jpg
seat piccy.jpg
The Cardinal
New
Drives: RS3, Transporter, Fabia

Re: Had car 10 days, first warranty claim to start

Post by The Cardinal »

That's difficult to assess without seeing more of the seat.

I ask because the first thought that comes to mind is some wear from your body entering or exiting the seat. Our Fabia's driver side bolster is like a really worn version of the picture above at only 22k miles, and its cause is the front seat being left in forward position by a short driver and therefore wearing on entry / exit. Your dealer might suspect the same, especially if it's in the same location.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

I agree with the cardinal, does it feel like it’s been caught with something and pulled it up? Is there any tear? Is the seat used regularly and someone has keys in their back pocket or something? Just trying to prepare you if your dealer isn’t a decent one.
LEEA123
Getting There!

Post by LEEA123 »

lancslad1985 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:26 am I agree with the cardinal, does it feel like it’s been caught with something and pulled it up? Is there any tear? Is the seat used regularly and someone has keys in their back pocket or something? Just trying to prepare you if your dealer isn’t a decent one.
There is no tear in the seat, car is only 10 days old from new . only three people have sat in passenger seat , me and my dad and the dealer when handing over . for about 15 minutes each , apart from that no one in passenger seat at all . so cant work it out. It just feels like 3 little lumps to touch and feels like thread .
Attachments
seat piccy.jpg
seat piccy.jpg (41.19 KiB) Viewed 1455 times
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Maybe a manufacturing defect in the fabric?

Don’t be surprised though if the dealer’s initial response is that it’s been caused by an ‘external influence’ - i.e. studs, zips or other fastenings on a passenger’s clothing.

Hope you get it sorted. Please update this discussion topic once you’ve spoken to the dealer.
LEEA123
Getting There!

Post by LEEA123 »

SRGTD wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:11 pm Maybe a manufacturing defect in the fabric?

Don’t be surprised though if the dealer’s initial response is that it’s been caused by an ‘external influence’ - i.e. studs, zips or other fastenings on a passenger’s clothing.

Hope you get it sorted. Please update this discussion topic once you’ve spoken to the dealer.
Going to dealer Wednesday,will update then.
The Cardinal
New
Drives: RS3, Transporter, Fabia

Post by The Cardinal »

That looks like an abrasion to me.

If you get now joy, a fabric de-bobbler and fine work with small sharp scissors will improve it.
LEEA123
Getting There!

Post by LEEA123 »

The Cardinal wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:01 pm That looks like an abrasion to me.

If you get now joy, a fabric de-bobbler and fine work with small sharp scissors will improve it.
Thanks for that, hope I get some joy from the dealer, i am just not sure how I, or my 2 passengers that have been in the seat, could have done it. Thank you
Harrihealey02
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 SEL

Post by Harrihealey02 »

Definitely looks like a manufacture fault. Seeing as the car is so new I would be surprised if they say it is classed as normal wear and tear. It looks like a sharp 3 pronged object has penetrated the fabric. Unless one of your passengers had a sharp object which was sticking out their pocket that’s the only way I can assume but would need a lot of force.
It’s a shame you didn’t notice on the pick up day but who would have thought to check over the seats lol
LEEA123
Getting There!

Post by LEEA123 »

just a quick update, I did not go to the dealer I purchased from. I do not see why I should have to do almost a 4-hour round trip as I have vw dealership closer to me. So I took it to my local one, where I get all work and services done and they took a photo and passed it on to the warranty department. Will post more when I hear something
LEEA123
Getting There!

Post by LEEA123 »

Just an update on this, the car went in today for a couple of warranty items. The seat as pictured above, and the rattle from sport sound at high revs. They have cured the sound rattle in sport mode, tried it and no more dash rattle. The seat they said would not be a warranty item, but vw is going to do it as a goodwill gesture. Very happy with that. They said they would contact me when part was in stock, could be two weeks or longer, does not matter to me, Just very happy with the outcome and i will be getting my next car from that dealership
Last edited by LEEA123 on Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

LEEA123 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:51 pm Just an update on this, the car went in today for a couple of warranty items. The seat as pictured above, and the rattle from sport sound at high revs. They have cured the sound rattle in sport mode, tried it and no more dash rattle. The seat they said would not be a warranty item, but vw is going to do it as a goodwill gesture. Very happy with that.
I am happy for you that things worked out in the end.

If all dealers / car sellers treated all their clients this way it would be a no brainer that you would use them when purchasing your next car. So many of them are blind to the fact and just chase the $$'s.
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Post by MikeDO »

"If all dealers / car sellers treated all their clients this way it would be a no brainer that you would use them when purchasing your next car. So many of them are blind to the fact and just chase the $$'s."

So true :)
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

LEEA123 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:51 pm Just an update on this, the car went in today for a couple of warranty items. The seat as pictured above, and the rattle from sport sound at high revs. They have cured the sound rattle in sport mode, tried it and no more dash rattle. The seat they said would not be a warranty item, but vw is going to do it as a goodwill gesture. Very happy with that. They said they would contact me when part was in stock, could be two weeks or longer, does not matter to me, Just very happy with the outcome and i will be getting my next car from that dealership
It’s good that dealerships do exist that still know how to look after their customers. Good to hear stories like this 🙂.
Harrihealey02
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 SEL

Post by Harrihealey02 »

I think VW being a large company is a bit more tolerable to passing through warranty claims, I had a minor engine leak which was detected just a week outside of the standard warranty, and VW Chelmsford said under gesture of goodwill they will cover the repair (it didn’t go in for that and I was not even aware of the engine oil leak!) they did have it for 2 weeks mind. I’m glad you got your car sorted, nothing more annoying than a new car with even the slightest imperfection!