Radio station logos

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
peterlewis321
New
Drives: Gti

Radio station logos

Post by peterlewis321 »

I just exchanged my 2019 Polo Gti+ for a new facelift Gti and must say the new one just feels that bit more ‘solid’ somehow. However…….I cannot figure out how to get all the DAB radio station logos to show up…..on my previous Gti you could manually upload any missing ones via an SD card but the new car does not have an SD card slot? Any ideas please?
POLO Clive
Silver Member
Drives: Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS

Re: Radio station logos

Post by POLO Clive »

Discoboy
New
Drives: 2022 GTi

Post by Discoboy »

peterlewis321 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:40 am I just exchanged my 2019 Polo Gti+ for a new facelift Gti and must say the new one just feels that bit more ‘solid’ somehow. However…….I cannot figure out how to get all the DAB radio station logos to show up…..on my previous Gti you could manually upload any missing ones via an SD card but the new car does not have an SD card slot? Any ideas please?
Hi Peter
I ran into the same problem on my facelift Polo also. As in the major station logos show up but some lesser stations do not show up. With the pre facelift Polo having the older MIB2 infotainment system the solution was to upload a missing station logo via an SD card. Since the SD slot no longer exists on the facelift Polo it’s a no go with the old method.
So, after research I found:
When VW moved from the MIB2 to the MIB3 infotainment setup in the facelift Polo they dropped that feature as it was a vulnerability in past platform like MIB2. It was used to get access to that units. So VW dropped features like POI, Map Update by SD and Radio Station updates.

So you are stuck with the station logo database preloaded at the factory... :shock:

In the VW manual for the facelift Polo it states the following:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Station logos
Station logos may be pre-installed for some frequency bands in the Infotainment system.
The station logos will be assigned to the stations automatically if Autoselect station logos is activated in the settings.
In Internet Radio mode, the Infotainment system accesses station logos from an online database and automatically assigns them to the stations.
Manually assigning station logos
You cannot assign station logos manually in the AM frequency band.
1. In radio mode, tap Station logos.
2. Select the station to which you wish to assign a station logo.
3. Select station logo.
4. Repeat the process for further stations if desired.
5. Tap to finish assigning station logos.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
peterlewis321
New
Drives: Gti

Post by peterlewis321 »

Thanks for the replies-feared that may be the case….what a step backwards by VW!!!