Polo 9N 2002, ABS problem

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
zimmer132
New
Drives: VW Polo 9N 1.2 L 2002

Polo 9N 2002, ABS problem

Post by zimmer132 »

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and since there seem to be a lot of good discussions and experienced users here, I decided to join and ask you about the ABS-system on the Polo 9N 2002 1.2L (AWY).

Problem
The 40 A fuse in the battery cover for the ABS blew a few weeks ago, but I changed it and there was no problems for at least a couple of weeks after that. Fuse is still intact as of now. Recently the following happened:

ABS light is on.
Front left brake is slightly engaged all the time. I can barely drive slightly uphill sometimes and I can't even touch the rim because of the heat.

These are the fault codes (which varies each time a make a read):
00283 (Front left sensor),
01276 (ABS Pump),
01598 (Drive battery voltage),
00668 (Supply Voltage Terminal 30),
01314 (Engine Control Module)

Hardware information
I'm certain the battery has gone bad since some time ago. I have had to charge it frequently for the last couple of weeks/months. I haven't bothered changing it just yet as I think there is an electrical fault somewhere. The radio started going crazy too so I removed it.

It is only the front left wheel that seems to have a ABS/Wheel speed sensor. No one to be seen on the right front wheel. Also, there is no wire connected to the sensor on the front left wheel which explains 00283, but there are no signs of where that cable is suppose to go. First I thought it might have been ripped off somehow, but again, no signs of it. In fact, I must have driven without a sensor plugged in long before the abs light came on, so not much of this makes sense to me.

Any input is appreciated, Thanks
scotspie501
Getting There!
Drives: 2002

Re: Polo 9N 2002, ABS problem

Post by scotspie501 »

is the sticking brake not just that cant see a abs sensor having an effect on the brakes sticking
jack it up and strip the brakes down then go from there
good luck