Problems updating the Radio station logos and Satnav

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Alboyuk
New
Drives: R Line

Problems updating the Radio station logos and Satnav

Post by Alboyuk »

I seem unable to update the logos for the DAB radio stations and do an update for my satnav I collected the car on Wednesday and i am trying to find my way around the settings, to update the logos VW gives instructions to down load to an SD card and update from there also this applies to the SATnav updates as well but it does not seem to have a working SD slot anymore and when i try to update using the USBC inputs it does not seem to recognize them also when you go to the logos in the radio menu and select a station with no logo it just says there is no logo for that station and gives no option to download one I have tried both the SD slot in the glove box and both usb C slots under the dash.

This is what it says on the VW website :
1. Simply save the file to a directory of your choice with a click on the link below.
2. Unzip the zip file and search for the relevant logos.
3. Copy this to an SD card.
4. Then, connect the storage medium to your infotainment system.
5. Now you can import the desired logos into your device.
6. To do this, tap the Setup button and then tap Sender logos.
7. Now tap the desired station button to which a logo is to be assigned.
8. Select the source on which you saved the image (e.g., SD1) and select the logo.
9. Repeat this process for other logos, and return to the main radio menu by pressing the radio button.
10. The SD card can then be removed.

As i have said the SD slots in the glovebox do not appear to have anything to connect to an SD card and it will not recognize a usb pen drive in the USB C slots

many thanks for any replies
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Problems updating the Radio station logos and Satnav

Post by SRGTD »

Unlike the pre-facelift Polo, I don’t think it’s possible now to personalise the radio station logos to your choices in the facelift Polo - I believe the same applies to the mk8 Golf and presumably other VW’s with the latest generation of tech and software (that’s progress for you! 🤔).

As far as I’m aware, when sat nav updates are available, VW issue an OTA (over the air) update, so the updates should be applied automatically.