Condensation on inside of windscreen 2004 9N

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Andrew S
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 2004

Condensation on inside of windscreen 2004 9N

Post by Andrew S »

Trying to work out why my daughters windscreen keeps having condensation over night.

There are no cracks in the screen and the floor carpets are dry. The aircon recirculating light stopped working so I have replaced the vent motor although not sure its in the correct position as you can now put aircon on when the heater is on and it used to be just only if it was set to cold. Wondering if this is putting the vents in the wrong position and letting in cold air etc. Bastard job to do as when you remove the vent motor the vent flaps move and you have no idea of where they should be when putting the motor back.

Anyway, is there anything else I can check as it only stated doing it and it has not happened before in the last 5-6 years.

Any help or advice appreciated
Cheers
Andrew
Maarten
Silver Member
Drives: AW R-line Facelift MY2022 Vibrant Violet

Re: Condensation on inside of windscreen 2004 9N

Post by Maarten »

Climatic of Climatronic?
I suspect Climatic (3 dials)

Does the air heat up eventually?
Do you feel air coming from the outlet beneath the window when the dial is set to frontwindow defrost?

Climatic is a semi automatic aircon, when changing from cold to warm, it takes a few secondes for the little motor to open the flap to let in warm air.
If you listen closely by the center console, you should hear this little motor humming when changing from cold to warm and vice versa.
When you press the recirculation button, do you hear a flap closing near by the fan? (the one in the car behind the clovebox)
If not, maybe the connector hasn't been put back in or clicked in, in the flapmotor after changing the vent motor.

Maybe you can read out the HVAC in adress 8 via VCDS or ODB11 for stored faultcodes

Also.... In high humidity, front windows when dirty, are know to fogg up.
You could also give the window a good cleaning.
Andrew S
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 2004

Re: Condensation on inside of windscreen 2004 9N

Post by Andrew S »

Sorry for late reply and thanks for your advice. I should be able to have a look at the car at some point
Much appreciated
Andrew