DRL broke, what can I do to fix it?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
New
Drives: Polo Mk. 10 95PS

DRL broke, what can I do to fix it?

Post by 6666 »

Hey guys, got a warning light to check my right parking light and the DRL is broke, I have my MOT coming up in a week and was wondering what do I have to do to fix it? is it a replacement or do I need a whole new assembly for down there? Thanks in advance.
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Re: DRL broke, what can I do to fix it?

Post by OomStu_ZA »

I believe it is a sealed unit and will need to be completely replaced, also not cheap.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Agree, I think the DRL’s are integral to the DRL/fog light/cornering light unit so you’re looking at replacing the complete unit, unless it’s s a loose wiring connection that’s causing the DRL to not work.

There are a few used front right DRL / fog light units for the AW model Polo for sale on eBay - prices range from £50 upwards. Whether they’d be delivered to you in time so you could arrange for fitting before your MOT is questionable. Also, with a used unit, there’s a risk it might not work.
New
Drives: Polo Mk. 10 95PS

Post by 6666 »

SRGTD wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:32 pm Agree, I think the DRL’s are integral to the DRL/fog light/cornering light unit so you’re looking at replacing the complete unit, unless it’s s a loose wiring connection that’s causing the DRL to not work.

There are a few used front right DRL / fog light units for the AW model Polo for sale on eBay - prices range from £50 upwards. Whether they’d be delivered to you in time so you could arrange for fitting before your MOT is questionable. Also, with a used unit, there’s a risk it might not work.
OomStu_ZA wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:08 pm I believe it is a sealed unit and will need to be completely replaced, also not cheap.
Thanks for the reply lads, checked it again this morning and it's working again so maybe it's a loose connection. Hopefully, it's just a loose connection and not an electrical issue or something, praying it doesn't come up again before the MOT but I'll check and see if the connections loose
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

You're welcome mate.
All the same I would have it looked at so I knew what was at fault.