Driver electric window strange problem

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
Eli_101
New
Drives: Mk3 6n2 16v 2001 1390 AHW

Driver electric window strange problem

Post by Eli_101 »

Hi dear members,

I own polo 6n2 year 2001 16v AHW 1390 cc.
The electric window driver side is not working. In this model there is only 2 electric windows in the front.
When I Press the driver window side switch nothing happen. When I press the switch that control the passenger side from the driver panel it function, but the passenger window ONLY turns down, even if I use the switch to turn it up, always go down. From the passenger side the switch works normal no problem.
i noticed that the cigarette lighter is not working, I don’t know if it is connected to the problem..
What I noticed also is when I turn off the car switch then few second after The electric switch from the driver side which control the pass. Side function ok and the window close or open ok.
I think that the Fuses of the electric windows are ok. Is there any relays that I should check?
I also replaced the switches to new and nothing change.
I assume maybe the problem is from the electric engine so I thought maybe to connect other engine and see if it will work. How Can I unplug the wires from the engine without disassemble the mechanism? I can reach it with the hand..
Any advices dear friends how should I deal with this problem?
Sorry for the long text but I wanted to explain to you as much as I can the situation.. please forgive me.
Thanks for your reading time.
appreciating any advices from you.
Thanks and be blessed all of you!
best regards,
ELi
JUUL
Getting There!
Drives: 6N 1995

Re: Driver electric window strange problem

Post by JUUL »

I don't know for sure but if you had a problem with the fuse, then the windows would not work at all. Reading about your problem makes me think there is an issue with the window regulators (engine), the controls or the wiring. Between the door and the chassis there is a wiring loom, please check that all the wiring is ok (not broken) and if its connected properly. It the connector becomes loose, then you have a bad connection which can trigger all kinds of problems. There is a tab on the connector for the window regulator, pull on it and then take the connector off. Then you can connect it to the new regulator to see if the problem is solved. Please note, if the regulator is not connected to the window system it will keep turning due to the lack of resistance. Good luck!
Eli_101
New
Drives: Mk3 6n2 16v 2001 1390 AHW

Post by Eli_101 »

Dear Juul,
Thank you very much for your reply!
Yes! I found that the problem was a broken wire between the door and the chassis! I sold it and now everything works fine.
Thanks a lot for your kind help! 🙏
JUUL
Getting There!
Drives: 6N 1995

Post by JUUL »

Good times!!! I'm very glad to hear your problem is solved, enjoy your working windows :mrgreen: