New edition 25 polo gti

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
polo12013
New
Drives: r line

Re: New edition 25 polo gti

Post by polo12013 »

Hello all just popped into a dealer with a friend to order a new Polo GTI for him and the answer we got from salesman was you cannot order a new one now but have a couple coming into stock that they had ordered but they are not the spec he wanted he also said they only have 3 models in Polo range we can order basic models. He did say as well that it's due to a new shape coming out soon. Has anyone else got any help or information as to what's going on with new car orders with VW.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

polo12013 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:21 pm Hello all just popped into a dealer with a friend to order a new Polo GTI for him and the answer we got from salesman was you cannot order a new one now but have a couple coming into stock that they had ordered but they are not the spec he wanted he also said they only have 3 models in Polo range we can order basic models. He did say as well that it's due to a new shape coming out soon. Has anyone else got any help or information as to what's going on with new car orders with VW.
I don’t have any information on what’s going on with new orders. However, it was suggested recently on the forum that removal of the Polo GTI from the configurator on VW UK’s website - and also the 110ps engine option for other Polo models - could be due to current demand outstripping supply (see discussion topic at the link below). VW have removed models from the configurator before when there’s been excessively high demand so they can temporarily stop taking new customer orders and clear the production backlog.

https://www.uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?t=79125

As for a new shape car coming out soon - Historically, VW models have a lifecycle of around eight years with a facelift happening approximately halfway through the lifecycle. The current Polo was launched in 2017 and got its mid-lifecycle facelift in 2021, so based on historical lifecycles that would suggest an all-new Polo sometime next year. However……….its been suggested by the motoring media that the current Polo will be the last for European markets.

VW have also been quoted as suggesting there won’t be a next generation Polo for European markets, citing the cost of compliance with Euro 7 emissions standards as being one of the reasons, as emissions legislation compliance would make a new Polo too expensive to compete in its market segment - the ‘B car’ (small car) segment. I’d also expect any forthcoming new shape Polo - if there was to be one - would have been discussed on the forum, along with the usual speculation in the motoring press if it was ‘coming out soon’ as suggested by the salesperson you and your friend spoke to. As far as I’m aware, there’s been no such discussion nor speculation.

Might be worth contacting another VW dealer to see if you get the same story from them.
TurboTrev
Getting There!
Drives: Golf CS

Post by TurboTrev »

@SRGTD - excellent info as usual. I've also seen nothing to suggest that a new Polo is on its way either this year or next.
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

I would just like to agree with @SRGTD (as you say @turbotrev another full reply as always)

The dealer is talking absolute rubbish. There is unfortunately nothing planned in shape of a new Polo. If anything it’s a question of how long they keep production going. I think Euro 7 legislation is nearly passed and is not as extreme as carmakers had feared, also as I understand it with all the delays it could be 2026 before it’s actually law, so VW might run production up to that date or else reduce range and keep lower models on sale.

I feel the removal of Polo GTI (and Edition 25) from configurator is more to do with an “allocation” being filled and VW UK can’t risk having too many Polo GTIs coming into the country for CO2 emissions reasons and the Zero Emissions Mandate which requires certain number of sales to be EV during 2024. I think this will be a growing issue going forwards.

Sorry your friend can’t get hold of one at his local dealer, as suggested there may be one elsewhere in the network but that will take some ringing around.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

AndyGTi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:32 pm I would just like to agree with @SRGTD (as you say @turbotrev another full reply as always)

The dealer is talking absolute rubbish. There is unfortunately nothing planned in shape of a new Polo. If anything it’s a question of how long they keep production going. I think Euro 7 legislation is nearly passed and is not as extreme as carmakers had feared, also as I understand it with all the delays it could be 2026 before it’s actually law, so VW might run production up to that date or else reduce range and keep lower models on sale.

I feel the removal of Polo GTI (and Edition 25) from configurator is more to do with an “allocation” being filled and VW UK can’t risk having too many Polo GTIs coming into the country for CO2 emissions reasons and the Zero Emissions Mandate which requires certain number of sales to be EV during 2024. I think this will be a growing issue going forwards.

Sorry your friend can’t get hold of one at his local dealer, as suggested there may be one elsewhere in the network but that will take some ringing around.
My experience with car salespeople is that they do often talk absolute rubbish. There are exceptions though, and the last car salesperson I dealt with was very good (they were a more mature person who’d worked for the same dealership for over 20 years and had gained considerable knowledge over that period).

I’ve found knowledge gained on this forum - and other forums - invaluable when buying a car. That knowledge can put you in a position of strength in negotiations with the dealer, and often highlight gaps and weaknesses in the salesperson’s knowledge and skill set.

If a car salesperson has talked rubbish to me in the past when I’ve made enquiries about buying a car, then they’ve lost a potential sale as I’ve taken my business elsewhere………..
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

Yes I agree @SRGTD you do come across some poor salespeople but as you say there are also some good ones you come across.
Rteyp
New
Drives: 25 Edition 25 GTi

Post by Rteyp »

Hi All

Thought I'd share my update today.

We ordered our 25 Edition in October and were told in January that there are problems with engine production, probably supply chain related rather than engine being faulty, no full explanation could be sourced. As a result no build date could be offered.

Today we have been advised that a provisional build date of 3rd June has been allocated, with a warning it could be sooner or later - but at least its a marker. I suppose on that basis delivery August /September given shipping time.

Anyone else received any news / update ?
Timothy Wood
New
Drives: Polo GTI Edition 25

Post by Timothy Wood »

My Polo GTI Edition 25.
My Polo GTI Edition 25.
IMG_20240112_1611017.jpg (3.69 MiB) Viewed 1630 times
TurboTrev
Getting There!
Drives: Golf CS

Post by TurboTrev »

Rteyp wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:56 pm Hi All

Thought I'd share my update today.

We ordered our 25 Edition in October and were told in January that there are problems with engine production, probably supply chain related rather than engine being faulty, no full explanation could be sourced. As a result no build date could be offered.

Today we have been advised that a provisional build date of 3rd June has been allocated, with a warning it could be sooner or later - but at least its a marker. I suppose on that basis delivery August /September given shipping time.

Anyone else received any news / update ?
Yesterday, we were given provisional build week 21 (week commencing 20th May).
Vroom
New
Drives: GTI Edition 25 on order

Post by Vroom »

We’ve just been given a provisional build date of week 22, which we assume to mean week commencing 27 May. We were also advised that it’s unlikely that the car will be with the dealership until mid-August.
aKRZ
New
Drives: Gti aw 2019

Post by aKRZ »

I just saw my dealer in France, he told me that the car would be produced week 10 (March 8). It takes an additional 6 to 7 weeks for transport and formalities. They also confirmed to me that there will indeed be a golf 8 gti clubsport 50, thermal! one more to add to the garage next to the little polo ed25
Monty246810
New
Drives: 2015 polo gti

Post by Monty246810 »

Hi everyone just wanted to hear how people are getting on with build dates and when there orders where put in for there new Polo GTI addition 25. I ordered mine back in November last year and still no dates off the dealer hoping that others are in the same situation.
Polo 2610
New
Drives: Polo gti

Post by Polo 2610 »

The dealership called me today and they told me the GTI is on the way. Mine is a restyling not a 25 year edition. The order is dated August 10th.
Monty246810
New
Drives: 2015 polo gti

Post by Monty246810 »

Hello what date did you put the order in, so you didn't get a build week just got told today that it's on its way. Did you order with extras or standard. Like I say still waiting for a build date for mine. At least you have not got long to wait now.
Polo 2610
New
Drives: Polo gti

Post by Polo 2610 »

Order was 10 august 2023.The week of production was the third week of January. As an option I took the rear-view camera, dual-zone climate, tinted windows, keyless and spare wheel.