New edition 25 polo gti

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: New edition 25 polo gti

Post by SRGTD »

madmark wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:34 am has any body an idea if this car has blind spot assist on it, was it on the gti ? these are now available to order with only around 300 (so they say) coming to the uk
colour choice is the same as normal and looks like the normal red is only going to be that deep metallic kings red ,the smokey grey looks a nice colour tho ,
is dcc a option with the proper damper control as i have herd might be a hard ride witch is nice to adjust on some of these crap roads !
just thinking at the moement :|
You should be able to check out the standard spec of the car (click on ‘show all standard equipment’), plus what extra options are available in the configurator on VW’s website - there is a risk the spec details may be inaccurate as VW have a reputation for errors and inconsistencies in their product information!

Forum members may not be able to answer your specific questions on the ED 25 GTI if order books are open but no one has taken delivery yet - it might be a case of researching via various road test reviews on motoring websites or YouTube videos.

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/configu ... 257D%22%7D

IMG_0301.jpeg
IMG_0301.jpeg (737.71 KiB) Viewed 3138 times
madmark
New
Drives: 2021 1.0 tsi dsg

Post by madmark »

thanks SRGTD I might look into it abit more 8)
aKRZ
New
Drives: Gti aw 2019

Post by aKRZ »

Hi,
I m new here I come from France and I just ordered a New polo gti 25 édition last friday.
I can confirme that here in France it comes with all option from a standard gti except the beats audio because of the spare wheel...
Delivery is planned for december.
TurboTrev
Getting There!
Drives: Golf CS

Post by TurboTrev »

aKRZ wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:01 pm Hi,
I m new here I come from France and I just ordered a New polo gti 25 édition last friday.
I can confirme that here in France it comes with all option from a standard gti except the beats audio because of the spare wheel...
Delivery is planned for december.
Very nice. What colour have yot gone for?
aKRZ
New
Drives: Gti aw 2019

Post by aKRZ »

I went for the ascot gray. I currently have a reef blue Polo gti 2019, so I thought this would be a nice change.
Vroom
New
Drives: GTI Edition 25 on order

Post by Vroom »

Placed an order for an Edition 25 mid-August. Awaiting confirmation of delivery date. Chose Ascot Grey, panoramic roof, space saver spare wheel and driver’s assistance pack. Currently driving a 2019 Up! GTI and a 2016 Yeti L&K 2.0TDI 4x4 DSG.
raylee25
New
Drives: Cupra

Post by raylee25 »

Vroom wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:13 pm Placed an order for an Edition 25 mid-August. Awaiting confirmation of delivery date. Chose Ascot Grey, panoramic roof, space saver spare wheel and driver’s assistance pack. Currently driving a 2019 Up! GTI and a 2016 Yeti L&K 2.0TDI 4x4 DSG.
Ordered mine last week. been told delivery will be late March/early April. Options the same as you but in Reef blue and included the smokers pack, even though I don't smoke.
madmark
New

Post by madmark »

any updates yet ? i am still thinking about one but i am not finding anymore info,would the car have a dcc option with the adjustable dampers ? also why no beats sound as i can see in the test car it has the logo,s on the pillar and other gti polo,s have the beats whats the difrence ?
my dealers are just not getting back to me ,gone are the days were a saleman wouldnt leave you alone for a deal :roll:
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

madmark wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:54 pm any updates yet ? i am still thinking about one but i am not finding anymore info,would the car have a dcc option with the adjustable dampers ? also why no beats sound as i can see in the test car it has the logo,s on the pillar and other gti polo,s have the beats whats the difrence ?
my dealers are just not getting back to me ,gone are the days were a saleman wouldnt leave you alone for a deal :roll:

On UK spec cars, DCC is standard both on GTI and GTI ED25. Beats audio doesn’t currently appear to be available on the UK Polo range - that’s assuming the configurator on the VWUK website is accurate (it’s not always - historically it’s not unknown for there to have been errors). You can check the standard equipment for the ED25 in the configurator (see my earlier post from Sept this year at the top of page three of this discussion thread - includes a link to the configurator and a screenshot showing where to access the standard equipment information); DCC is the second item listed under ‘Driver’s Assistance’.

Which test car are you referring to? If it was in a YouTube video or on a motoring website, those test cars are often pre-production models or non UK spec cars, so the level of equipment doesn’t necessarily reflect what you’d get in the UK. Also, it’s not unknown for VW to periodically change the spec of their cars and the availability of certain options, and those changes aren’t necessarily enhancements - they can involve downgrades.
TurboTrev
Getting There!
Drives: Golf CS

Post by TurboTrev »

Three new (non VW promo) youtube videos of the 25th. Cars seemed to have started arriving in parts of mainland Europe (Holland).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4siJhNT83s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTuZBtDu2QM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mTPTpJY5sU

And an older non VW promo one in case anyone missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSobEg5EckY
madmark
New

Post by madmark »

i have noticed in all the picks and videos that there seams to be the beats logo on the pillars :shock:
anybody else notice this?
i contacted my local dealer about ordering and they want £1000 non refundable :?
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

madmark wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:57 pm i have noticed in all the picks and videos that there seams to be the beats logo on the pillars :shock:
anybody else notice this?
i contacted my local dealer about ordering and they want £1000 non refundable :?
You made this same observation regarding Beats audio just over a week ago four - your post dated 12/12/2023 and my reply of the same date.

Most - if not all - the ED25 models with Beats logos on the A pillar mounted tweeters in pictures and videos seem to be left hand drive cars, so they won’t be UK spec cars. UK spec GTI ED25’s don’t have Beats audio as standard and it isn’t available as an extra cost option.

This is the standard in-car entertainment and communications equipment for UK spec ED25’s (taken from the configurator);
IMG_0396.jpeg
IMG_0396.jpeg (66.45 KiB) Viewed 1631 times

And the only available in-car entertainment / communications extra cost option for the ED25 is Nav Pro;
IMG_0395.png
IMG_0395.png (125.95 KiB) Viewed 1631 times
madmark
New

Post by madmark »

what i was hoping that it was a standard fit not a option to have beats the car is alot of money and should have everything as standard fit :? also in the video,s it doesnt show what number of 2500 the car is thats abit of a shame :roll:
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

madmark wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:20 pm what i was hoping that it was a standard fit not a option to have beats the car is alot of money and should have everything as standard fit :? also in the video,s it doesnt show what number of 2500 the car is thats abit of a shame :roll:
Agree, it would have been nice if it was. However, in spite of the price point, the GTI ED25 will probably sell well enough without VW having to add any more equipment.

If I was currently in the market for a new Polo GTI, I personally wouldn’t be looking to get a GTI ED25 - I’d be looking at the in-stock cars at dealerships to avoid the wait time for a car to be built. I’d pick one of the in-stock cars that most closely met my requirements in terms of colour and options (I’d be happy to travel for the ‘right’ car). There are currently 36 brand new Polo GTI’s for sale on Auto Trader and some have a decent discount off the list price.

There are also a couple of in-stock GTI ED25’s on Auto Trader for sale. Not sure if they’re pre-registered or not; one has 10 miles on the clock and the other, 4 miles, so even if pre-registered they’re effectively brand new.
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

I was browsing through the available Gti’s on the official dealer network and the prices being asked are around £2K higher than a well spec’d pre-order. In fact the majority of them only had the basic extras such as alloy wheels and/or spare wheel