New edition 25 polo gti

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Teee
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo gti +

New edition 25 polo gti

Post by Teee »

Thought I’d share this cool Bz gen polo GTi edition 25 has some nice looking seats and other bits to 8) Let us know what you all think?

https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/ ... n-25-16015
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: New edition 25 polo gti

Post by SRGTD »

Interesting that this VW media article states it’ll be available to order in Germany but doesn’t mention any of VW’s other markets. If it does come to the UK, then a price of €35,205 converts to a base list price of just under £30,600 which sounds quite expensive for a Polo.

Good to see that VW have ditched the haptic pads on the steering wheel and have reverted back to buttons (maybe an admission by VW that conventional buttons are preferred by owners / easier to use?). IMHO the alloys are a big improvement over the standard GTI’s diamond cut alloys, and they’ll have much better durability and no risk of white worm corrosion. The seats look good, but I’m not a fan of leather, and for a model celebrating 25 years of the Polo GTI, it would’ve been nice to see some classic GTI tartan in the interior.

I’m sure it’ll sell well but I won’t be changing my pre-facelift GTI+ for one if it does come to the UK.
Teee
Bronze Member

Post by Teee »

Totally agree with everything you touched on, however I prefer the look of the leather seats I feel like it gives the interior a more premium look/ feel & I like the look of the black dash pads with the gti logo, but we all know piano black gets swirled up by just looking at it lol :roll:

It is a lot for a polo with not too many extra’s over the current polo gti. Also I won’t be in a rush to put my name down and get one. However it’s a nice addition would have been more tempted if it came with more power, having said that it would have been stepping on the toes of its older brother the golf gti I guess.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

The seats are nice and the alloys, but the price increase will make this pointless. The VW tyre caps will be stolen in days.
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

Although built in SA, I doubt we will see it in our local showrooms because GTI's here still use the 147KW engine and 6 speed dsg from the pre-facelift model. Excuse given by VWSA as to why we did not receive the updated engine and gearbox was due to poor fuels. Hmm... also the limited number of units may come into play since there will ever only be 2500 units produced.
Teee
Bronze Member

Post by Teee »

I guess we gotta wait and see if it makes it’s way to other countries like South Africa, uk, other parts ot Europe and Japan etc or it could be just Germany like the previous polo special edition wrc 2.0 I’m pretty sure that never made it’s way around the world it was also limited to 2500 units.. that was and still is the most powerful polo to date having 220ps I believe.
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Post by MikeDO »

+1 for dumping the horrible Haptic controls on the steering wheel (same supposedly happening with the Golf).

I wonder if those of us waiting for a replacement steering wheel will get one of these? As I have little trust that a replacement steering wheel with the Haptic rubbish will sort the "Travel Assist" issue that so many (including me) are suffering from! And is blamed on the current Steering Wheel. O'hum....
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

Oh wow, that got me excited, special edition Polo GTI.

Then I read article, very minor and not much externally to lust over... but then I saw steering wheels and seats (black/red) my fav. But back in reality.. its only really an option if you were already in market for a Polo and fancied different wheels and leather seats.

The below is the VW UK press release and at bottom of first para (the one in bold) it says the exact spec and price for UK isn't decided yet... Well that is more positive (if you fancy one) than a "Its not coming to UK market"

https://www.vwpress.co.uk/en-gb/releases/4950#images

Good spot on the steering wheel and that would make it tempting. From my experience of 6 months, I have generally got on with steering wheel. had a few occasions of catching wrong button not doing what I wanted, Would I have buttons back if I could, very much so.

Not sure I like the Adelaide wheels but without the diamond cut element which the Golf gets it does create a different look, so not totally against them. (@SRGTD you will be glad to know I managed to scrap my alloy, when the kerb jumped out at me last Sunday, so I have the joy of an alloy wheel repair but local place says it can do Diamond cut (and if its good enough for Harrys Garage, it mush be ok)(Will let you all know how it goes)
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

AndyGTi wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:01 pm Oh wow, that got me excited, special edition Polo GTI.

Then I read article, very minor and not much externally to lust over... but then I saw steering wheels and seats (black/red) my fav. But back in reality.. its only really an option if you were already in market for a Polo and fancied different wheels and leather seats.

The below is the VW UK press release and at bottom of first para (the one in bold) it says the exact spec and price for UK isn't decided yet... Well that is more positive (if you fancy one) than a "Its not coming to UK market"

https://www.vwpress.co.uk/en-gb/releases/4950#images

Good spot on the steering wheel and that would make it tempting. From my experience of 6 months, I have generally got on with steering wheel. had a few occasions of catching wrong button not doing what I wanted, Would I have buttons back if I could, very much so.

Not sure I like the Adelaide wheels but without the diamond cut element which the Golf gets it does create a different look, so not totally against them. (@SRGTD you will be glad to know I managed to scrap my alloy, when the kerb jumped out at me last Sunday, so I have the joy of an alloy wheel repair but local place says it can do Diamond cut (and if its good enough for Harrys Garage, it mush be ok)(Will let you all know how it goes)
The configurator is currently not available for the Polo on VW UK website, so maybe VW are updating it to add the ED25 GTI?

The ED25 was described as a ‘badge and stickers job’ by a forum member over on the Golf GTI forum and I think that’s quite a good description. As @Teee has said in an earlier post, if VW had given it more power then the resultant car would’ve been stepping on the toes of the Golf GTI and I doubt that’s something VW would want. Also, increasing the power would add more to the price, and that might make it too expensive for VW’s target market.

I do like the alloys, and that’s from someone who’s not a big fan of all-black alloys - but then I’m even less of a fan of diamond cut alloys (I dislike them with a passion for the reasons I’ve often stated on the forum!). If VW had offered a similar painted / powder coated alloy wheel option when I bought my car, I’d have chosen it in a heartbeat. Sorry to hear about your alloy wheel misfortune; I’m never glad to hear of anyone having the misfortune to do that. Here’s hoping your local place does a decent repair 🤞.
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member

Post by OomStu_ZA »

Received confirmation, EU and Japan only.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-05-18 131305.png
Screenshot 2023-05-18 131305.png (258.58 KiB) Viewed 3921 times
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member
Drives: 19plate AW GTI+ / (9n3 GTI gone)

Post by ad_182_uk »

I spy black side blades. Guessing the ones from the mk8 gti?
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

ad_182_uk wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:01 pm I spy black side blades. Guessing the ones from the mk8 gti?
Assume you’re meaning the GTI badges on the front wings?

Seems strange that VW opted for chrome lettering on those badges when the GTI badging on the tailgate and front grille is red. It’s like that on the standard Polo GTI and mk8 Golf GTI too. OCD GTI owners probably won’t be able to ‘unsee’ the chrome / red lettering inconsistency now 🤣.
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member

Post by ad_182_uk »

Yes the wing blades!

Hmm yeah i guess they could of swapped the chrome and red around.

I’ve tinkered with mine enough as it is lol.
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member

Post by OomStu_ZA »

Here is a link to some high res images:
https://www.netcarshow.com/volkswagen/2 ... dition_25/
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member

Post by ad_182_uk »

Still no red stitching on the handbrake or better tyres than those Conti’s :/