Seat Toledo Maxidot with MFSW retrofit

Forum to discuss the Seat Ibiza
Xtremefunky
New
Drives: Ibiza 6J 2.0TDI

Seat Toledo Maxidot with MFSW retrofit

Post by Xtremefunky »

Hello guys,

Ive looked around for quite some time in the interwebs and everything about those two swaps.
Mostly VW Polos or Skoda Fabias / Rapids.
It seems, its very hard to find any person / threads / infos from persons who have done this mod to their ibiza.
Seems like Polos are more hyped for this type of mods.

Anyway. While I was searching all Info I could find, I noticed the real "cracks" are going around in here.
So I hope I someone can lend me a helping hand.

First about my car:
Its an Ibiza FR 2.0TDI from late 2013 and counts as 2014 model (letter "E").
It has the HW: 7H0937090 BCM (with SW 7H0937090B). The version is on this module is: 0712
It has the small trip computer, cruise control, bluetooth, navi, xenon, fog lights.
(Sidequestion: would it make sense to swap to the 7E0 Max BCM?)
The Dash I bought is: 6JA920840E with SW: 711. Its not delivered yet. But will be soon.

To implement this cluster, its not more than: reading the Immo / key data from my current dash and put it onto the Toledo dash?
After setting some coding, this thing should magically work without any issues, right?
When it comes to do coding in the EEprom of the cluster or Immo, this shouldnt be an issue. At least I swapped to the pre facelift dash 4 years ago (I like the style more),
and had to transfer the immo (without keys). I refreshed my knowledge a bit lately and found also some useful programs like "VAG Dash Editor".
So at least when it comes to raw tool "usage" I should be prepared.

The next step is:
The MFSW. I would like to use the one from the Seat Leon 5F. As there is no "nice Seat MK6" MF steering wheel out there.
I saw some guys swapped the MK7 steering wheel into their 6R.
Its been said, that the keys will work, the illumination might not. Depending on the SW Version of the BCM.
I can recall, Polos after mid 2015 wont have this issue..? Not too sure.

Does this also count for my car? Will the MFSW work for me, maybe even the illumination?
The circuit diagram of my ibiza looks (at least when it comes to the raw pins and connectors) the same as the in the polo.
I might just need to pull some wires up to the clock spring, as my car doesnt have shifters (because no DSG). So I guess, Seat wont put the Lin and +12V cable up there.
Wont be an issue at all.

Question over questions.
I hope someone can answer some or at least confirm my thoughts and overall steps how I would do it.
The first time Im doing such a mod and when it comes to the CAN-/Lin-Bus / infotainment, Im pretty much a noob.

Thanks it advance and greetings
-Chris
Attachments
SLP_Ibiza_2014.png
SLP_Ibiza_2014.png (86.01 KiB) Viewed 6447 times
Xtremefunky
New

Re: Seat Toledo Maxidot with MFSW retrofit

Post by Xtremefunky »

Today the first cluster (of 3 dashes in total) I bought arrived.
Its a skoda rapid dash from 2010.

Put it into service mode. Did some coding, had some trouble, because the immo data from my car is "2014" and the dash is 2010.
But after some playing around I figured how to do that.

Changed language and stuff. But didnt had many options, because this dash only contains a 24C32 EEprom. Which surprised me. But it is what it is.
I just bought it for the white LEDs and indicators. So it was more a proof of concept and playing around with it.

Put it in my car, switched ignition on and everything works. ABS happy. Engine happy. Central electric happy. Immo happy. Cool.
I hope this will work the same way with the actual toledo dash I want to use in the end.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

Well done. Whether the 5F MFSW will work or not, I don't know. In VW analogy, the 5G golf mk7 MFSW will work in some cases, for illumination you'll indeed need the 7E0 BCM. Perhaps there are some 7H0 BCM's out there with the right software, I'm not sure.
Xtremefunky
New

Post by Xtremefunky »

iichel wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:14 pm you'll indeed need the 7E0 BCM.
Thank you for your response first of all, well appreciated!

Lets say I would like to swap to this BCM... considering I already have the 90 7H0...
would this swap a "kinda dobale" thing, since many things should go a bit in line with my current BCM?

I think, its been said that all the light must be rerouted to the BCM, instead of the light switch.
Since my car has Xenon, I guess thats already the case?

I read somewhere that the Gateway is "inside" the 7E0 and in the 90 7H0 as well, so this is also "solved" from the start?

Do I oversee something? Or would it really be a pretty "okay" straight forward swap to this BCM?
iichel

Post by iichel »

yep 7H0 937 090x to 7E0 937 090x is pretty straight forward, perhaps you'll need some canbus wires and a wire to the dimmer switch, otherwise it's just coding and learning keys
Xtremefunky
New

Post by Xtremefunky »

That sounds pretty much doable. I will definitely consider this swap.

Yesterday all the parts for the correct toledo dash arrived.
Thankfully everything went along and the dash works as intended. One thing I noticed on the skoda rapid dash, as well as on the
toldeo with mph and kph, you can change also the menu with the normal MF stalker, when you press "ok" and "up" at the same time. Interesting.
I just played around and found that out. Thought I will need a MFSW to make use of the dashboard.
Tacho.jpeg
Tacho.jpeg (295.92 KiB) Viewed 6078 times
Additionally, I pulled some wires up to the clockspring and tried to use 2013 Leon 5F MF key(pads). Unfortunately. The BCM dont seem to understand them.
At least... the VCDS takes some more time to load the "Extras" they also get sorted different and the BCM throws an error: wrong coding, which disappears,
as soon as you "code" the msfw into the BCM. But no PN inside the "extras". So it seems to recognise there is something... but it doesnt seem to like it.

Any ideas or is this the farest I can go with this BCM (SW-Version)?
iichel

Post by iichel »

You could perhaps see if somebody put a similar mfsw in the Mii. That's a pretty recent seat PQ25 car
Ibiza2014
New
Drives: Seat ibiza 2914

Post by Ibiza2014 »

Hi. Xtremefunky
Can I ask for some tips on how to adapt the cluster housing from Ibiza, what needs to be changed so that it all fits?
Xtremefunky
New

Post by Xtremefunky »

Ibiza2014 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:36 am Hi. Xtremefunky
Can I ask for some tips on how to adapt the cluster housing from Ibiza, what needs to be changed so that it all fits?
Not too much actually. First of all you need an ibiza dashboard.
Then on the inner side, you need to cut a few mm away of the "zero / reset knob assembly", it collides with the PCB assembly of the Toledo.
Done in like 5 minutes and then you need to cut away the black plastic to set the display free. I pushed some foam between the plexiglas and the black plastic,
so I could trim away the plastic with a sharp knife / scalpel. Worked great.
The biggest issue is the gap between display and plexiglas. Not a final solution yet. Still working on it. Probably something 3D-printed in the future.

iichel wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:09 pm You could perhaps see if somebody put a similar mfsw in the Mii. That's a pretty recent seat PQ25 car
Searched. Found. Exactly the same behaviour. So seems like 6P / 5F steering wheel is not an option with this BCM. unfortunate!

At the moment Im about to retrofit the TPMS. But its hard to find any info about the wiring.
I already bought the TMPS module, just needs reflash to 3AA (which will do a friend of mine with VCP).
Either im totally blind, or stupid, but I really cant seem to find where the wiring and pins should go?
I saw some other post in here, together with a YT video, but with the quality I cant read anything and not much explanation done :(
Seems to be pretty straight forward.
I would be heavily pleased if someone could enlighten me which pins needs to go where.
iichel

Post by iichel »

have a look at ciclo's Polo topic. He was the first here on the forum to install 3AA TPMS to the PQ25 platform, after some discoveries and hard work in Russia.

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=58703&start=3645#p525012
viewtopic.php?p=517336#p517336 wiring
Xtremefunky
New

Post by Xtremefunky »

iichel wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:42 pm have a look at ciclo's Polo topic. He was the first here on the forum to install 3AA TPMS to the PQ25 platform, after some discoveries and hard work in Russia.

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=58703&start=3645#p525012
viewtopic.php?p=517336#p517336 wiring
Thank you very much for this info. This helped a lot.
In the "wiring" link it says its Pin 19 and 18 on the BCM. I guess thats from the Amorak?
I checked the wiring diagram of my car and pin18 and 19 are CAN-H and CAN-L for the drivetrain, so I guess thats not correct?
Via several more links thru the threads I got linked to this page: https://www.drive2.ru/l/461592849478059310/
Where it states its Pin 28 and 29 on the BCM.
On my wiring diagram it says those are free spots. Nothing attached to them.

Do I assume right, that I need to connect it there? Or am I totally wrong and I actually need to connect them to the other CAN wires?
iichel

Post by iichel »

Trust the ciclo diagram. (that works all the time).
Powertrain can is what you need.
Xtremefunky
New

Post by Xtremefunky »

iichel for president :D

Thank you very much for lending me your hand!
After looking a bit more into the wiring diagram, I saw that those Powertrain CAN-H / CAN-L wires are connected to several other unit units.
Airbag, Dashboard, ABS, Engine control unit, etc.
So putting the TPMS module on there only makes sense.

Thank you very much for helping me to clear things up! I hope I can give you some back, in one way or an other.
Now fingers crossed, everything will go in line.

Due to the mindbending location of the BCM, I will connect the TPMS in the near of the dashboard connector. Makes more fun to work with.
Connecting the LIN-Cable for the MFSW was already the biggest pain Ive experienced while working on this car. :cry:
fabioganga
New

Post by fabioganga »

Hello, have you changed the glass, buttons and back of your Ibiza 6J with this 6JA920840E? Is it that easy? Do I need any additional modules?
Last edited by fabioganga on Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fabioganga
New

Post by fabioganga »

Hello, have you changed the glass, buttons and back of your Ibiza 6J with this 6JA920840E? Is it that easy?