Strange gremlins after VAGCOM connection

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
TimHigh
New
Drives: Mark 7 Bluemotion

Strange gremlins after VAGCOM connection

Post by TimHigh »

I mentioned to my dad in passing that my heated mirrors seemed to stay on all the time. He has a VAGCOM device and suggested adjusting it in the control module to limit the amount of time they can stay on at a time. He adjusted it, and now they come on for 20 minutes at a time. Happy days.

However, since that day, I've had two permanent issues. The boot now will not open (it's one of those without a key hole on it, so all electrically actuated) and the automatic wipers don't work. When I set the wipers to the first position up from off that used to set them as automatic, now it just sets them to intermittent.

I've done some testing as best I can with my multimeter at the tailgate switch and it seems to be working properly. Resistance is low and I get good continuation along all the wires. I've not messed around with the wipers at all, but they're definitely working as manual wipers.

It seems like too much of a coincidence that they were working before the VAGCOM connection and immediately afterwards didn't work. If I take it to VW are they likely to be able to do a reset of the modules that control the wipers and boot? I'm really not savvy with this kind of stuff!
Maarten
Silver Member
Drives: AW R-line Facelift MY2022 Vibrant Violet

Re: Strange gremlins after VAGCOM connection

Post by Maarten »

Look in adress 17 instruments
You must add the numbers up to your cars specs

+00001 trailer
+00002 remotecontrol boot
+00004 electric weight management
+00008 interior lights , clamp S
+00016 backrest recognition