Remote Channel Adaptation not available on BCM MAX 7E0

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
adityagttsi
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GT 1.2 TSI

Remote Channel Adaptation not available on BCM MAX 7E0

Post by adityagttsi »

Hi, I and my friend are trying to do the BCM max installation on his 2013 Polo 6R 1.2. Previously he had a 086 BCM. But then recently we bought a used 7E0 from ebay. Everything works perfectly after connecting the instrument cluster to the BCM with he new canbus wire. The only problem is that we are not able to Adapt the Remote via BCM. It shows channel is not available.

Experts of this forum can you please on this issue.

Thanks.
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: Remote Channel Adaptation not available on BCM MAX 7E0

Post by ciclo »

...it appears that you bought a BCM 7E0 whose donor vehicle had a KESSY (05-Acc/Start Auth.) module.

Channel 001: Remote Control Matching
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.ph ... l_Matching

Read where it says;

notes:
Adaptation Channel 001 may not be applicable to a BCM installed in a KESSY (Address; 05-Acc/Start Auth. control module) equipped vehicle. If Channel 001 is not available, the vehicle key, (with integrated or non-removable remote) should be automatically matched when performing Immobilizer 4+ matching. We do not have a procedure for this configuration and recommend Dealer matching if Immobilizer and Pass-Thru options are not available.

Sellers should be asked before buying this type of 'second-hand' components, although the problem is that there is a great lack of knowledge about the application of these components.

According to the 'new' VW regulations, in order to install an electronic component involving the immobilizer, the component must be "new" and with VW authorization (VW dealer or via online).

Therefore, that second-hand BCM 7E0 you bought on eBay will end its days somewhere other than your friend's Polo.🤷‍♂️

You have to buy a new BCM (firegrafik) or whose donor vehicle is without KESSY.

---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51a8BBw0r6A
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Post by amer6R »

can he reflash it with standard firmware? would that work?
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

I shared the flashing file 7E0937090E_0772.sgo for a T5.1 that had the same problem, but flashing did not help with this issue. The immobilizer data remains in the 7E0 BCMs that were adapted for KESSY.
I haven't gone deeper into this matter because I never had a 7E0 BCM Max in these conditions, but I would have liked to investigate it... :)

With the rest of the 7E0 BCMs the flashing works as usual: