Creaking Steering (AE Polo GTI) with Video

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Fernando99
New
Drives: Polo GTI AE

Creaking Steering (AE Polo GTI) with Video

Post by Fernando99 »

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any idea what could be causing this sound + if it is worth taking it to the dealer to assess further. So far, I have brought this up at the 1st service and the dealer did not seem to know what could be the cause (granted they got around to it at the end of the day and there was a time crunch). They 'adjusted the steering column trim' and said to monitor, however, this did not do anything.

Some observations I've had + other background:

1. Usually it is not as bad / creaky as this - sounds more like the first noise in the video which happens sporadically.
2. It is particularly evident at low speeds (parking, 3 point turns or when stationary).
3. There is no sound heard when outside the vehicle.
4. It seems to happen more often when turning right, however, also occurs at times when turning left. It also seems to often happen on the same turns.
5. The car is 6 months old with 20,000km on it.
6. The car also has an issue where on speedbumps the front wheels / suspension components sometimes make a squeaking noise. This is heard both inside (around driver side footwell) and outside the vehicle. This sound does not occur if braking while on the speedbump.

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/PkOJSnKeWjU