Oil fill

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
mr messy
New

Oil fill

Post by mr messy »

Hey all question.

I have a 2016 1.4 tsi with active Cylinder.

I want to change oil and in the oil filling I have a plastic thing which slows oil filling. Is there a tool or something to make filling less painful.
Last time I filled it via the dipstick using tube and hung oil above so gravity did its thing.

Thanks for help and advice
Attachments
20231117_092214.jpg
20231117_092214.jpg (3.43 MiB) Viewed 685 times
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Oil fill

Post by RUM4MO »

Maybe I'm lucky, but years ago I bought a filling funnel thing that fits into/onto that cover flange perfectly and the oil flows down that (restricted) point easily and quickly.

Unfortunately, as I discovered when I changed the oil in my daughter's 2019 Leon Cupra, the oil filler has moved to the drive chain area - but turning the clock back 20 or so years and using a suitable plastic funnel worked fine.

So, maybe in your case, you should try to get a plastic funnel that fits down past that baffle plate - just a though as I have other ways of doing this as outlined above.

Edit:- there are now some maybe slightly more expensive "flexible" options to what was available when I bought my one which was a Laser Tools offering, now the funnel part tends to be sold as one part and the adaptor to suit your specific car, as a second part.

Ie https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/385219145207 ... p_homepage the individual adaptors are listed at the side of that ebay listing.

Also just stuff "VAG oil filling funnel" into ebay etc for other options.
Silver Member
Drives: Cross Polo 1.2TSI 2017

Post by 2226 »

Sometimes I wonder what is going on in the minds of these engineers. If anything at all.
Can't see why that needs such a large restrictive baffle unless they just want to force you to pay the dealership.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicAdvice ... hange_the/
https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-19342-Mult ... r=8-3&th=1
CarbonChaos
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI DSG Oryx white 3 door.

Post by CarbonChaos »

Sealey make a funnel that fits most vw engines which uses the same fixing as the oil filler cap , so you secure the funnel on the same way you would put the filler cap on. this in turn makes filling a lot easier and quicker.

Just google sealey vw funnel for results .
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

The Sealey version is exactly the same as what I bought branded as a Laser Tools item, the one I included a ebay link for is a 2 piece thing and much cheaper, with the option of buying new adaptors for other cars within the VW Group and others.