Anyone put a 9n4 front bumper on a 9n3?

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
AntVeeW
New
Drives: Polo Mk4 (9n3)

Anyone put a 9n4 front bumper on a 9n3?

Post by AntVeeW »

Something that occurred to me today was to get a 9n4/Polo Vivo front bumper and try to install it on a 9n3. Reason being is I could go for a GTI bumper but it’s not really fitting on a 60hp 1.2 :lol: Instead, I was thinking about retrofitting the 9n4/Vivo bumper along with the more modern looking grilles and fog lights (as mine doesn’t come with them - 1.2 BBM Match) and was wondering has anyone tried this or even considered this. If this is possible would be a nice way to modernise the 9n3 as it gives the front end more of a 6R look (and matches other VW cars from 2010 onwards). Also want to get the eagle-eye LED tail lights and feel these along with the front bumper retrofit would really modernise the car. I’ll attach images for reference.

You’d really think this was a 6R until you have a closer look at the lights and the rest of the body. The 9n4 is really interesting to me. Also as a side note, are those front lights different as well, as the sidelights seem to be more prominent, and by any chance does anyone know if these are plug and play? Mine are a bit clouded and if these are new and improved might just swap mine for 9n4 headlights too. Thanks in advance guys.
Mrtjey
New
Drives: 9n3

Re: Anyone put a 9n4 front bumper on a 9n3?

Post by Mrtjey »

I was thinking of getting some polo vivo 1 facelift headlights from south Africa. I meet a guy on tiktok that told me he would help me get some into the UK. Are you getting the 9n4/vivo front bumper? How are you getting that in the UK?