[SOLVED] POLO 9N alarm problem

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
Albonico
New
Drives: 9n

[SOLVED] POLO 9N alarm problem

Post by Albonico »

Hi guys, I have a problem with my Polo 9n, the driver's lock was having a problem, it wouldn't unlock by putting the key in the lock and there was also no sign of the door being locked, so the windows wouldn't work.
With this old lock, the car made a noise when the lock locked but it took a while for the horn to sound, but it locked normally.
I bought a new lock, installed it, everything worked again, including closing the windows, but after about 10 to 20 seconds of being locked, it unlocks all the doors on its own and keeps making noises in all the locks as if it were stretching trying to unlock, and It doesn't stop until you press the alarm deactivation button

Does anyone have an idea what it could be? I tested two new locks and the same thing happens with both.
Last edited by Albonico on Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maarten
Silver Member
Drives: AW R-line Facelift MY2022 Vibrant Violet

Re: POLO 9N alarm problem

Post by Maarten »

Did you buy the correct lock?

Try to read the messurement blocks of adress 46
Look in adress 45 what triggered the alarm

For both is VCDS required
Albonico
New

Post by Albonico »

Yes, I bought one on the internet and the other was in a workshop that works with locks, but they said they didn't know how to fix it.

What would these blocks be?
Maarten
Silver Member

Post by Maarten »

These blocks are found via VCDS.
You can see lock statusses (open, closed, unlocked or locked)
Does your polo have factory alarm?
Albonico
New

Post by Albonico »

Yes, it has a factory alarm

But I managed to solve the problem today, I knew there was a window lifting module (the kind that doesn't need to be held down) inside the door, but the problem continued even if it was disconnected, I had already given up and went looking for the existence of other modules in the car and I found another window lifter module, this time close to the fuse box.
I installed the new lock and removed the 2 modules, isolated the wires well and now everything is working correctly
I still haven't been able to make the windows go up using the alarm button, just using the key in the lock.
Maarten
Silver Member

Re: [SOLVED] POLO 9N alarm problem

Post by Maarten »

Windows working from keyfob is not easy.
With the 9N (2001-2005) there are some people who got it working with modding the EEPROM. (9N3 not possible at all)
Other than that it is not possible, only through keybarrel in the door in open or close position

But I am glad you found the problem!