MOT fail on wing mirror indicator

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
KD9592
New
Drives: Polo Blue Motion GT 2015

MOT fail on wing mirror indicator

Post by KD9592 »

My 2015 vw polo has failed its MoT on the wing mirror led indicator bulb not working passenger side (it’s only worked intermittently for years ironically).
Where I had it tested said I’d probably need to take it to Volkwagen because they can’t get parts and that the whole unit needs replacing… I’m not convinced I need a VW garage for this?
Can anyone tell me if whole unit means the entire wing mirror and roughly how much that would cost? All indicators are working fully other than the led wing mirror.
I appreciate any advice at all thanks :D
Mikeso51
Bronze Member
Drives: Blue GT. Also Audi A3 1.4tfsi.

Re: MOT fail on wing mirror indicator

Post by Mikeso51 »

You don’t need to replace the whole mirror assembly, just the part with the integral led strip.

Plenty on sale on eBay for around £15, e.g.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/364652413391 ... CIxCAAAAAA

However these are Chinese copies, not genuine VAG parts. Probably ok, but “you pays your money and takes your chance”.

If you want guaranteed genuine VAG parts, folk like LLL parts (lllparts.co.uk) list them at about twice the price.

HTH
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Re: MOT fail on wing mirror indicator

Post by amer6R »

Mikeso51 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:40 am You don’t need to replace the whole mirror assembly, just the part with the integral led strip.

Plenty on sale on eBay for around £15, e.g.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/364652413391 ... CIxCAAAAAA

However these are Chinese copies, not genuine VAG parts. Probably ok, but “you pays your money and takes your chance”.

If you want guaranteed genuine VAG parts, folk like LLL parts (lllparts.co.uk) list them at about twice the price.

HTH
they work completely ok, no issues whatsoever