Adapt a new key transponder to immobilizer polo 9n3 using either VCDS or VAG-CAN Commander?

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
davlulham
New
Drives: 9n3 1.4 S

Adapt a new key transponder to immobilizer polo 9n3 using either VCDS or VAG-CAN Commander?

Post by davlulham »

Hello,

This has probably been asked many times before but I'm struggling to find any specific guide that will actually work.
As the title suggests all I want to do is adapt a new key transponder to the immobilizer polo 9n3 using either VCDS or VAG Commander?
I bought a somewhat rough polo 9n3 1.4 petrol with no working keys basically.

I have a Vag-com/VCDS 22.10.0 which connects and works just fine
I also have a cheapo (blue) k-line cable and VAG-CAN Commander 1.4 which also seems work

I was able to get as far as retrieving the login code for the Instrument cluster and getting one key transponder to pair using VAG Commander, so that it actually starts the car and works with no flashing key light on the dash, now I would like to pair the second key which has a brand new ID48 transponder chip fitted, but I just can't figure out how...

If anyone can help who has successfully done this before or can of point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.
davlulham
New

Re: Adapt a new key transponder to immobilizer polo 9n3 using either VCDS or VAG-CAN Commander?

Post by davlulham »

Never mind, I figured it out. Easily done with VCDS if you have a working key and the pin.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Adapt a new key transponder to immobilizer polo 9n3 using either VCDS or VAG-CAN Commander?

Post by iichel »

yes if you have the PIN you can do it with vcds. getting the PIN is the difficult part
davlulham
New

Post by davlulham »

It is indeed totally possible without going to the dealers or auto locksmiths, just took me a while to figure it out as the information is hard to find. Might write a guide later for anyone who needs to do this.

Getting the PIN is actually very easy when you know how. You need the very cheap (blue) K-line cable which costs about £6 and VAG-CAN Commander 1.4 which can be found if you scour the net (torrent). Then it's a 2 minute job to retrieve the PIN from the cluster. Then you can code the first key with VAG Commander and use VCDS to code the second key, again you don't need the proper thing the chinese knock off cable that costs about £15 does the job just fine.