[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/cleantalk/antispam/model/CleantalkSFW.php on line 184: Undefined array key 1
UK-POLOS.NET - THE VW Polo Forum • 6c 1.8 GTI front Damper Part Number (non magnetic)
Page 1 of 1

6c 1.8 GTI front Damper Part Number (non magnetic)

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 7:03 am
by Gee40
I need to replace the front dampers as the MOT man previously advised to old "light misting" issue however Im having problems identifying the right part number as its not visible on the dampers on the car. Ive called ZF (Sachs) and quoted the VIN and several other numbers/codes and they tell me the correct part number is 560573 but I gather this is also the number for dampers fitted to non GTI models. Surely this cant be right. VW and aftermarket suppliers aren't helpful unless I commit to buying them . I dont want to go to the rather price Bilstein B6s

Any help would be much appreciated

Re: 6c 1.8 GTI front Damper Part Number (non magnetic)

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 8:40 am
by iichel
The Sachs 560573 is perfectly usable for a GTI, it's the springs that make the difference.

Re: 6c 1.8 GTI front Damper Part Number (non magnetic)

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 6:18 pm
by Gee40
Thanks iichel. I must admit I thought ZF would be right, but was convinced the dampers would need to be uprated to cope with the much stiff springs on the GTI. Ill get the Sachs items ordered