central london explosions!!!

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
bass mekanik
Bronze Member

central london explosions!!!

Post by bass mekanik »

holy crap!!! :shock:

buses exploding, six tube stations damaged, entire underground network shut down, chaos!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

Its terrible!

People are seriously screwed in the head that do this sort of thing.

(i did think the french when i first heard, as we beat them to winning the 2012 olympics)
Randall
Gold Member

Post by Randall »

yeah i read up on this about 9:10 - im hoping the ppl within the inciddent are ok n recover - touh wood it'll be cleared up shortly.

As for the business ppl within london i wish them all the best on which is goin to be a long day especially returning home
carmadaaron
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by carmadaaron »

tat is so crap... hope londeners are ok
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

been hearing about it on the radio at work! sounds really bad! who would wanna do such a thing!

hope the londers are ok!
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

I'm OK!

Stuck in the office at the moment - Aldgate is 200 yards from here.

Scary stuff.
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Scary stuff indeed! Hope you London folk are OK... it sounds like things are beginning to come under a little more control down in the City, but I bet its still pretty chaotic!

I found out when a colleague's missus sent him a text saying "have you heard about London?", and we both looked at each other and said, "what? The Olympics?" :roll:

Pretty serious stuff - did anyone read the earliest reports blaming a possible power surge in the National Grid? Yeah right...
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

One of our guys has just walked in in tears - apparantly he was on one of the tubes and saw some nasty things....
laura_fairy_22
Silver Member

Post by laura_fairy_22 »

holy sugar...!
My heart goes out to everybody who was involved or knows someone who was affected.
They've put our city (Portsmouth) on RED ALERT, because of the Dockyard & the Naval Base.
These people have no regard for others.
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

It's calming down here although I'm starving and we're not allowed out :shock:
Petrified
Sponsor

Post by Petrified »

My g/f is staying just behind kings cross luckily didn't have to get on the tube until gone after 9am.

On the sky news website it's saying over 45 killed, over 1000 injured 150 of them critical. :cry:
dxg

Post by dxg »

I knew something was up when travelling south down the M1, *every* information sign was saying "Avoid London All Closed" Considering this was between Junction 26 and 25, I knew it had to be something serious... :shock:
polopowah
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Hertfordshire Drives: Ford Puma 1.7 Enjoys: Mowing grass

Post by polopowah »

yup absolutely messed up
been flicking through 3 news channels all day and they all kept saying different things, BBC 1 confirmed 7 explosions and ITV 4, whatever the number was the current fatalities sits at 33 dead and 100's wounded
a sorry day for the capital.
Did anyone see Mr Blair's speeches? he seemed pretty moved by it all.
-Ben-
cyhliu
Platinum Member

Post by cyhliu »

Thanks for the concern guys,

I'm alright, took me over two hours to get into work today which normally takes only 20 minutes! Had to take a bus to Greenwich and then walk under the Thames to Canary Wharf, when I got there I was searched three times before allowing me into work! Knew I should have stay at home!

In till later today so hopefully some of the tubes will be running and it will be a short journey home and if not there is always the ferry!
JTLondon
Silver Member

Post by JTLondon »

So Canary Wharf is pretty secured now eh?

I hope so... I have a few friends very close by there. :?

I heard a suicide bomber got shot down down there. Fact or fiction?

Oh my... :shock:
The bus that blew up... thats my local bus... I used to take that bus everywhere :shock:

Couldnt get into work today... the whole bus and tube network was down... and I bet ya if I drove to work I still would have got a ticket even in this incident. :x