Gloss Pillars

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
polo1.8t
Getting There!

Gloss Pillars

Post by polo1.8t »

Hello people!

I'm looking at buying these Gloss Pillars obviously I need the front and rear parts...does it include 4 pieces for the rear doors, as there are two per door that are flat black with i want to replace? also how do these pillars go on your car, do you have to remove anything or are they self-adhesive and glue right over what already exists?

Thanks

https://sslrelay.com/s74326199.oneandon ... shopscript
KennyPOLO_Gti
Platinum Member

Post by KennyPOLO_Gti »

U remove the Matt Black ones and fit the new Gloss Pillars. Jeff would tell ya if it clips in or screwed? Not had a look maself
kc
Gold Member
Drives: an imaginary one... for now

Post by kc »

they are just held in with 2 screws mate!

you will need to get the rear set, then the front
they come in pairs iirc
rs_tdi
Getting There!

Post by rs_tdi »

What models came with the gloss black as standard? Mine has them, and I'ts a german Highline model.
polo1.8t
Getting There!

Post by polo1.8t »

kc wrote:they are just held in with 2 screws mate!

you will need to get the rear set, then the front
they come in pairs iirc
I'll be getting the front & rear ones. I realise they come in pairs not badly priced tho and they look a nice subtle mod. I'm guessing the screws to release the pillars are on the inside of the door panel? Otherwise, can you tell me where they're located please?

I've also noticed on my 5 door that there are two parts that is matt black can I order gloss black for both of these panels ? It's on the left hand side and right hand side of the window
MateyGuv
Sponsor

Post by MateyGuv »

I done this mod on my 3 door model and assume the rear ones fit in a simular way(?)

Open the window, gently pull back the window rubber near the pillar cover, when you get the gloss ones you can line them up on the door so you kind of know where to expect the bolts to be, you will see two hex bolts that secure the covers in place. Undo them and lift the cover away. Put new cover on, replace bolts then re fit the window rubber. Be careful with the window rubber as it is a bit fragile and make sure you fit it back right. I found using a plastic ruler in the channel good to make sure it is sitting correctly. Make sure the window moves freely and if not you need to mess around with the rubber again. Try your best to only move the window rubbers as much as you need to gain acces to the bolts as it could turn into a real mission if you have to refit the whole rubber.

This is what I did and is probably wrong could permanatly damage your car etc etc. Follow these instructions at your own risk.
polo1.8t
Getting There!

Post by polo1.8t »

super thats great, thank you for explaining. makes allot of sense now! located in a logical place i guess would would of never been able to figure it out! - cheers
MateyGuv
Sponsor

Post by MateyGuv »

No worries - looks good with the gloss finish dont it 8)
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

i know this is a bit of an old thread but hey.

just fitted my gloss pillars and i recommend anyone that has still got matt ones to get a set ordered lol
MGrove03
Bronze Member

Re: Gloss Pillars

Post by MGrove03 »

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but does anyone know the part numbers for these. Will need front and rear sets for a 5 door.
KennyPOLO_Gti
Platinum Member

Post by KennyPOLO_Gti »

Best to head to ingrams and ask for them now that vagparts are gone. They know what they are as i have asked them before :roll:
aaronon
Gold Member

Post by aaronon »

Does anyone have photo's of the gloss pillars on the car?

Also may I asked what website you may have bought them off?
KennyPOLO_Gti
Platinum Member

Post by KennyPOLO_Gti »

Vagparts sold them but they arent around anymore so local dealer looks best bet.....

Jeff GTi
Platinum Member

Post by Jeff GTi »

aaronon
Gold Member

Post by aaronon »

Those look great.

I've found a site but they only do 3 door vehicles so I might ask Volkswagen Service centre themselves.