mk2 wheel arches

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
H1991N5
New

mk2 wheel arches

Post by H1991N5 »

heya people,
right basically i have a 1993 polo coupe,
i have just bought it and now want to modify it.
i am looking for some flared arches but cant seem to find some anywhere, can somebody please help me, and also advise me and give me some ideas to what i should do to my car as it is basic at the moment.

many thanks
freshblood
Bronze Member

Post by freshblood »

first off welcome, when it comes to the wheel arches you can always get them rolled, however, on old cars it can tend to crakc the but. so if u r planning a respray def go for that or if you dont mind a lil bit of paint work once they are done.
on the idea side, i would say lower is preferably on coilovers, sort yourself out with some wheels, some crystal headlights, smoked tail lights, single wiper conversion... that shld give you a couple of ideas, also take a look at some posts of what others have done to get som more ideas.
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

hey there mate, welcome to the forum!

thought i'd let you know i've moved the topic to the Mk3 section as yours is a mk3 :wink:

as for ideas, it is fairly limiting to bolt on products for the mk3 polo. there are the odd bumpers etc, but alot of people tend to steer clear of that kind of stuff. now a days its all about adjusting what you already have. colourcoding the bumpers for example, quite popular now.

Have a brouse around the site, can get you ideas, but don't do work on your car to please anyone else. its what your happy with at the end of the day! :wink:

Oh, and as for arches, have you considered GT/G40 arch extensions? Fairly cheap compared to getting the arches flared and less risky! :P