got a clunky problem

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
Shugeed
New

got a clunky problem

Post by Shugeed »

before i done my suspension there was a cluncking noise coming from the front end when i was sitting still and turning the wheel also when i was driving a slow speeds it would do it, i went to a mechanic and he said it was the top stut baering, so i changed the whole suspension and the strut baerings, but now i'm getting a diffarent clunking. now when i take the wheel off and pull the stut it will do the clunking noise, and when i put the wheel back on it will do it aswell, could this be thee bottom arm or driveshaft bearing ?
jonboy
Getting There!

Post by jonboy »

check everything is done up tight! you might have forgotten a nut or bolt. its easilly done. if thats all ok i would check the condition of the lower track control arm bushes
Shugeed
New

Post by Shugeed »

nut and bolt check was the first thing i did everything is well tight, i think it is the track control arm. theres some thin else, and im not very good at explaining things so please bare with me, in the engine bay if you look at the top of the struts the is a gold washer, i know the are meant to sit up from the arch when the car is sitting on the ground, now the clunky side is sitting up like it's supposed to but the other side ( near side ) is not, it's sitting right on the arch, any idea why ?