Foppiness... is it to be expected?

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
tegwin
Gold Member

Re: Foppiness... is it to be expected?

Post by tegwin »

Fiat 500 arbath essess would be nice...But way over my budget.. I dont really want to spend more than 7K tops.....

And sadly, I cant modify my polo... I wouldnt be able to insure it for a reasonable amount! Hence why any car I buy HAS to be standard.... (if insurance was no issue I might fiddle with the polo... but at the end of the day... it would be cheaper in the long run to buy a car already setup the way I want...)

The ibiza cupra already comes with the rear arb fitted though by the sound of it... so does it drive better than the polo?
chrisjames
Silver Member

Post by chrisjames »

^ I would say yes.

What about getting a lupo gti? I always think they handle well
ticki
Sponsor

Post by ticki »

tegwin wrote: And sadly, I cant modify my polo... I wouldnt be able to insure it for a reasonable amount! Hence why any car I buy HAS to be standard.... (if insurance was no issue I might fiddle with the polo... but at the end of the day... it would be cheaper in the long run to buy a car already setup the way I want...)
Dude try http://www.brentacre.co.uk/ im with them all mods declared and it was way way way cheaper than these other rip off main stream insurance companies.
ticki
Sponsor

Post by ticki »

chrisjames wrote:^ I would say yes.

What about getting a lupo gti? I always think they handle well
I agree with Chris, standard lupo's Gti's are way cooler than standard Polo Gti's, imo
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Insurance wont be too bad if you modify your Polo.

I was only quoted an extra 120.00 a year to declare all of the mods (most of which havent even been fitted yet).
That was with an insurance company called BROKER KING - check them out, really good prices.

Declared - Window Tints, Number Plates, Bumper Work, Exhaust, Manifold, Induction Kit, Alloys, Tyres and even Window Stickers! The only thing that is not worth declaring is a engine Re-Map, especially on a non turbo car. Same goes for performance cams as well, how are they to know!

On the subject of alternative cars for a 7K budget
You could get easily get a good Clio 182 for that price, a good Type R or a Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.8T (just on budget)

The Ibiza is 180BHP as standard and can easily be mapped to 220BHP for the cost of just £300

The 182 are great around corners, not many cars can shake them off.
tegwin
Gold Member

Post by tegwin »

I drove an ibiza cupra this afternoon... its the third one I have looked at... and the third one that was utter utter crap...

Someone has rolled the wheel arches with a cheese hammer... so they are bubly and rusty... there are holes all over the dasboard and random wires... loads of scuffs on the bodywork... random "mods"... And the c**t on the phone at the garage told me it was "a perfect standard example"...... well there goes £30 in fuel for nothing you w!knker...

Im begining to believe that there are no decent ibizas left... they have all been hacked about by spacktards...atleast if you are wanting a hole in the plastic dasboard.. use a drill not a hammer and chissel!

So im not sure what to do no... I would quite like an ibiza for the power, but I dont think I will get lucky and find a red one in perfect standard condition....

Might see if I can find a clio to sit in... but im not sure about renault...

Grrr...... all I want is a light hatch (preferably with a turbo) that drives well and looks decent... is that too hard to ask for!!!!
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Gutted about the Ibiza, pain in the backside having to travel all that way for some w***ker to mess you about.
There are not many standard examples available it has to be said. What Mark Ibiza are you after?

Might be worth checking out Autotrader, tend to find more standard examples on there (that goes for any car).

It is a difficult choice to make, there are not that many good looking, turbo charged hatbacks to choose from.

Have you thought about a MK4 golf 1.8T?

Clio 182 Trophy & Civic Type R are the two big contenders based on your budget, but neither are turbocharged.

Hope you find a good solution anyway

Ben
tegwin
Gold Member

Post by tegwin »

MK3 Ibizas... the Mk4s just look a bit crap.... IMHO..

I had thought about the golf.... thats about as far as I got lol... theres nothing special about them though...unlike the polo GTI which is quite rare... I wouldnt mind an R32... but they are quite expensive!!!

I think the problem is I am being waaay to picky...

That and the fact that the polo is in almost perfect showroom condition.. and considering its done 80,000 miles is quite impressive.... so any replacement car is going to have to reach the same "standard" lol... my mind works in weird ways lol!