remapped

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
tegwin
Gold Member

Re: remapped

Post by tegwin »

£25 per hp increased?? ouch!

If the car had a turbo.. yes a remap would make sence... 210hp up to 290 on a leon Cupra R for £200.... £2.50 per hp gained... bargain ;)
Bradley
Gold Member

Post by Bradley »

Thats what we all have to consider,although there may only be an increase of 12bhp on our NA engines compared to a forced induction cars huge increase the guys that map the car do the exact same amount of work regardless to how much gain they make on our maps.Hence same price for either type of engine in most tuning facilities.

Brad
BIG4244
Silver Member

Post by BIG4244 »

Right after a few mods, 4 branch manifold, 2.25 inch stainless exhaust, de-cat, BMC induction kit, tesco 99 fuel, working pre-cat lambda probe, managed to get 151bhp, quite happy with it
nigelelliott394
Gold Member

Post by nigelelliott394 »

That's an excellent increase... how does it feel to drive? noticeable difference? does it all feel worthwhile?
Bradley
Gold Member

Post by Bradley »

That is a pretty damn good gain considering the mods etc.Well done mate you boys at AMD haven't done too bad.Be good to see this at the meet on 6th june if you make it.
BIG4244
Silver Member

Post by BIG4244 »

yeah it feels so much better, definetely not hanging around anymore! was realy looking forward to sunday........until i realised its the oulton park round of BTCC so il be away friday to sunday night :(
emma_88
Gold Member
Drives: 6N2 Polo GTi & 9N3 Polo GTi

Post by emma_88 »

151bhp is quality! Well done.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

hmmm I really am tempted by one of these 4 branch manifolds now....thats about all out of those mods I dont have, apart from a decat (which I wouldnt do). Though I'd have to get the map done again as its currently mapped for a factory setup pushing 135ish
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

151 is very impressive to be fair, not seen anybody get that much before running standard cams so you should be happy with that.
I have the same modifications as you so I am expecting 140BHP + when I get mine mapped.

How accurate are the rollers ar AMD?

Ben,
BIG4244
Silver Member

Post by BIG4244 »

rollers were re-calibrated recently, and as on the standard graphs the car made 125 stock and 131 mapped, also ford tuners mountune use it for all of ther TUV approval
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

Iv got all the mods listed aswell with a big bore 3inch scorpion system and 4 branch/ de-cat and have the lamba problem so will amd sort out my lamba location if i book it in as i would like this remap offer??

Is there a waiting period matey?

Russel with the seat now owns a leon fr so i might get him down aswell with me for a mapping session.......
6N2 GTI 00
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Trottagti wrote:Iv got all the mods listed aswell with a big bore 3inch scorpion system and 4 branch/ de-cat and have the lamba problem so will amd sort out my lamba location if i book it in as i would like this remap offer??

Russel with the seat now owns a leon fr so i might get him down aswell with me for a mapping session.......
I thought you had a Mongoose System mate?
Got mine fitted yesterday, sounds sweet :) just need a down pipe now to replace the Cat and then fit the manifold at the same time.
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

6N2 GTI 00 wrote:
Trottagti wrote:Iv got all the mods listed aswell with a big bore 3inch scorpion system and 4 branch/ de-cat and have the lamba problem so will amd sort out my lamba location if i book it in as i would like this remap offer??

I thought you had a Mongoose System mate?
Got mine fitted yesterday, sounds sweet :) just need a down pipe now to replace the Cat and then fit the manifold at the same time.
Ha i stand corrected, mongoose it is lol :roll:

Yeah make it stainless steel matey no rusting and all that........ be really nice all fitted and wont be any louder just more raspy as iv said in messages,,,,,,,sweet times dude............

Iv got massive plans in swing atm for my seats and interior hehe, carisma any1......shhh ha!