Wishbone Bushins.....?

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
aaronon
Gold Member

Wishbone Bushins.....?

Post by aaronon »

Hey guys,

Just back from my service and paid about 230 for all sorts of new filters and spark plugs and oil etc.

They said everything was fine except the "wishbone bushins" were split an cost 16 each and would cost 100. I presumed they'd overcharge and decided not to pursue it.

Does anyone know what these do? Is 100 a good price or would a local garage do the same for less?

Sometimes when I accelerate sharply on a wet surface the car will veer to one side slightly and I'll need to correct it - is this to do with the split bushins?

Advice would be great thanks :):)
lm_gauci
Getting There!

Re: Wishbone Bushins.....?

Post by lm_gauci »

Are they the bushes at the rear of the wishbone. I needed to change my "console bushses" which are on the wishbone due to them splitting. I went for upgraded cupra bushes and got a mate to fit them.
Ste-9n2
Bronze Member

Post by Ste-9n2 »

right mines also failed on bushes but my description on the fail sheet is

lm_gauci
Getting There!

Post by lm_gauci »

I've read that vw have changed the design of the bush as its also a common problem on a few other cars. Still better off with the cupra bushes though.
matt_123
Gold Member

Post by matt_123 »

Exactly the same with me back in begining of October! failed on both front bushes ! and vw quoted me the same in price too way expensive for not even uprated bushes just golf bushes as there stronger.... but your paying for the labour as there a SODD!!!! to get out
I replaced my bushes with powerflex bushes bout the same price and will last and perform much better than vw ones... and makes a hell of a difference now! and got a whiteline rear ARB fitted too whilst the bushes were being replaced :P haha
aaronon
Gold Member

Post by aaronon »

I had my MOT just a week BEFORE my service and it passed so I didn't even know it was an MOT fail.

Is it a major part?

Not looking forward to the bill to fix these AND the emissions warning light came on. :(

The service sheet says:

"etc etc suspension & joints found wishbone bushins split"

Are these bushin things in the front or the back? It doesn't specify so I'm guessing they're only in one half of the car?

Thanks guys.
drennan
Gold Member

Post by drennan »

mine are split too got a pal to mot it tho :D but im gona change them to cupra ones anyone know part numbers or where to get them?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

aaronon wrote:I had my MOT just a week BEFORE my service and it passed so I didn't even know it was an MOT fail.

Is it a major part?

The service sheet says:

Are these bushin things in the front or the back? It doesn't specify so I'm guessing they're only in one half of the car?

Thanks guys.
These bushes are fitted to the front of the car, and are known as known as the (front) TCA (track control arm) rear bush and are fitted into aluminium consoles that the rear hex pivot pin of the TCA fits into.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

drennan wrote:mine are split too got a pal to mot it tho :D but im gona change them to cupra ones anyone know part numbers or where to get them?
Easiest place would be a Seat dealer - just ask for TCA rear bushes for a (say) 2005 Ibiza Cupra. Maybe seach on here, or www.briskoda.net or www.seatcupra.net for the part number although the Seat dealer would know! It starts with "LL" instead of "6Q" - so expect to see that on the bill of sale.
aaronon
Gold Member

Post by aaronon »

RUM4MO wrote:
aaronon wrote:I had my MOT just a week BEFORE my service and it passed so I didn't even know it was an MOT fail.

Is it a major part?

The service sheet says:

Thanks guys.
These bushes are fitted to the front of the car, and are known as known as the (front) TCA (track control arm) rear bush and are fitted into aluminium consoles that the rear hex pivot pin of the TCA fits into.
Hey :)

Sorry I don't really understand your message :(

The bushes that I mentioned (wishbone) are in the front and known as the track control arm?

The rear ones are fitted into aluminum consoles?

I've noticed sometimes accelerating in rain sometimes the steering has a mind of its own for a split second. I'm leaving it in the garage.

So I basically as the garage man to check out my front wishbone bushes? (as the rear ones aren't wishbone?)

Thanks alot and sorry I don't understand lol, I'm a bit of a car tardo :(
lm_gauci
Getting There!

Post by lm_gauci »

This should be the one, 6LL 407 183
drennan
Gold Member

Post by drennan »

Cheers ma man! :D