Candy 6R

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
KieranLeighton
Bronze Member

Re: Door adjustment (Turns in to powersteering replacement)

Post by KieranLeighton »

Hope it gets sorted mate, you got a way of getting down there?
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

They said they will deliver it back to me when it's done. Not sure when it will be ready :roll: they did say it will take around 4hrs to fix. I wouldn't mind but never had any problems.
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

KieranLeighton wrote:That's a bit wierd which dealers did you take it? Should of dropped us a message would of give you a lift lol.
How long did they say till it was fixed?
Thank you for the offer. :D
KieranLeighton
Bronze Member

Post by KieranLeighton »

CANDYMAN wrote:
KieranLeighton wrote:That's a bit wierd which dealers did you take it? Should of dropped us a message would of give you a lift lol.
How long did they say till it was fixed?
Thank you for the offer. :D
Gotta help a fellow dubber out :)
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

Well i got the call off vw to say. My car is ready :D we will send a driver to come and collect you :D anyway 1/2 hour later vw were outside and took us to the dealership. Got out the car and had a look at my car now the door fits :D great then noticed 2 scratches that were not there on Sunday :evil: so i went in and was greeted by the receptionist who said your car is all fixed now, it needed a new powersteering pump, they had their master technician on the job! Apparently when he took it off he tipped it upside down and a load of water came out :shock: and said it was heavily corroded :shock: to which i replied what on a 5month old car :?: he said it is unusual as the pump is hidden away so water shouldn't be a problem for it. And maybe it was like that when they built it :shock: i checked with them to see how much warranty i will get on this new pump they said it is covered until the car warranty runs out. So anyway i was handed my keys to which i then dropped the bomb shell! The 2 scratches on the door that were not there before what's happening about them? Erm what scratches? They wouldn't of scratched it as we use plastic coated tools. Yeah great but i have 2scratches now. He said i will get someone from the bodyshop. A chap came across with a 3m product, applied said product and gave it a rub and hey presto they have gone :D :D :D
x.laura.x
Getting There!

Post by x.laura.x »

glad you got it all sorted in the end.... scratches grrr we all hate them!
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

Thanks Laura yeah scratches are a pain luckily i don't have any as i park her miles away from the shops and walk :D it does my head in then you park in a big car park miles from all the other cars and you get someone parking next to you :lol: :lol: :lol:
x.laura.x
Getting There!

Post by x.laura.x »

CANDYMAN wrote:Thanks Laura yeah scratches are a pain luckily i don't have any as i park her miles away from the shops and walk :D it does my head in then you park in a big car park miles from all the other cars and you get someone parking next to you :lol: :lol: :lol:
yeahh my friend always complains when i park miles away from other cars lol... yerp u do get that plonker parked next to you lol
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Re: Candy 6R (headlining removal)

Post by CANDYMAN »

So has anyone taken their headlining out yet? I know when it is put in at factory it comes in through the windscreen opening. But on elsawin it says to remove it through the passenger door. Apparently it won't come out of the tailgate. :?
vc-10
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI Xcellence Lux

Post by vc-10 »

I can't see the front doors being better than the tailgate for removing it... If you fold down the seats (all 5) then surely it would go out the tailgate OK?
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

I think it maybe because the front part of the headlining is wider than the rear opening?
KieranLeighton
Bronze Member

Post by KieranLeighton »

why are you wanting to remove it?
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

Thinking of giving the roof a good layer of sound deadening :wink: Also thinking of getting the Black GTI Headlining and plastic trims, Visors, Interior mirror. :D :D Just need to price them all up.
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Re: Candy 6R CREE Reverse bulb

Post by CANDYMAN »

So i have bought my CREE reverse bulb i have taken some before shots of the original light and i will show you the cree light output once i take a photo tonight (IF IT DOESN'T RAIN TONIGHT :lol: )

So here is the standard light output (Bear in mind this was taken on my i-pad

Ignore the light cast on the ground that's off my Led number plate lights

Here is the CREE led bulb it is a single CREE chip which is brighter than a multi stacked SMD led light bulb

I had a little play with the bulb as i didn't like the red anodising

I will post some night shots hopefully tomorrow. Any questions just ask :wink:
KieranLeighton
Bronze Member

Re: Candy 6R CREE Reverse bulb

Post by KieranLeighton »

Looks good, hope it stays good, wanna see what they look like, started that sounddeading today, have to go get a roller but the traffic is terrible took me 25 minutes to get from the retail park in urmstom to mine lol