New Polo GTI owner

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
NMavs
Gold Member

Re: New Polo GTI owner

Post by NMavs »

Well if the truth be told, if you can manage to tame your right foot, then yes you will deffinatly get more miles to a tank. I have custom code stage 1 at the minute, paid £315 for mine but that was due to a few off us having maps done on the sane day. Would highly recommend JBS / custom code though. Very smooth map all the way through the revs, pulls like a train in 6th and 7th
POLOGTI2011
Bronze Member

Post by POLOGTI2011 »

NMavs wrote:Well if the truth be told, if you can manage to tame your right foot, then yes you will deffinatly get more miles to a tank. I have custom code stage 1 at the minute, paid £315 for mine but that was due to a few off us having maps done on the sane day. Would highly recommend JBS / custom code though. Very smooth map all the way through the revs, pulls like a train in 6th and 7th

Haha have to be very tame, hard thou when you get dicks in civic type R's and vxrs try race all day long! Remap is good im running revo stage 1 and a miltek cat back just gota get the itg on now. NMavs is right pulls alot better whatever map you go for! Lovely looking car enjoy it dude
PJH
Getting There!

Post by PJH »

Cheers for the info boys! I had a Type-R try to race me the other day and it made him look silly! Probably was a weapon who was driving though lol
PJH
Getting There!

Post by PJH »

Cheers for the info boys! I had a Type-R try to race me the other day and it made him look silly! Probably was a weapon who was driving though lol
NMavs
Gold Member

Post by NMavs »

Haha Type R owners make me laugh, specially when they put stupidly noisey induction kits on along with cherry bomb exhausts :lol: Mate of mine has an EP3 Type R, from rolling start, me in 2nd gear (without remap) almost ready for 3rd and him in 2nd gear on VTEC, pulled away quite easy from him. Same again but with remap, he was no where to be seen :D Haha
PJH
Getting There!

Post by PJH »

Haha stop tempting me! I'm determed it's staying standard lol!
NMavs
Gold Member

Post by NMavs »

Haha It has to be done pal :D
PJH
Getting There!

Post by PJH »

NMavs wrote:Haha It has to be done pal :D

Maybes in a few months! ;)
Oli_GTI
New

Post by Oli_GTI »

Looks very nice ... wish i had the money for one haha :(
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

I like the idea of the 6R GTI more than the car it self...

It's a great looking car inside and out. No doubt about that. And the 180 bhp is very nice. I have been around the Nürburgring 1 time as a passenger in one and it was plenty fast for that. BUT It realy sux that you can only have it with the DSG gearbox when the Seat Ibza Cupra with the same engine has a proper manual gearbox.

And the engine which unfortunatly is with chain instead of a timingbelt. is too fragil and there is a very big risk that the chain stretches and you end up needing a new engine. (That is why VW is going back to timingbelts on they're new generation of engines coming out now.)

But I wish the best of luck with it... :)
PJH
Getting There!

Post by PJH »

Personally I much prefer the DSG box after driving it for a few weeks, whether just driving around the doors or having a play! :D

But yeah the timing belt thing is a slight issue but I won't be keeping the car longer than 2 years, so hopefully shouldn't be a problem...fingers crossed!